The Adventures of Mighty Fine....come along for the Ride!

Back South to Marathon for the Winter!

29 March 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
12 January 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
07 December 2019 | Vero Beach Cty Marina
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
11 November 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine Fl
02 November 2019 | Lady's Island Marina, Beaufort SC
29 October 2019 | Osprey Marina
20 August 2019 | New Haven Vt
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
11 April 2019 | Sunset Bay Marina
30 March 2019 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
21 December 2018 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon Florida
28 November 2018 | Vero Beach City Marina
09 November 2018 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine
05 November 2018 | Brunswick Landing Marina
02 November 2018 | Ladys Island Marina
29 October 2018 | Georgetown, SC
27 July 2018 | New Haven Vt, Rivers Bend Campground

Update From Soggy Vt!!!

01 July 2017 | Riversbend Campround, New Haven Vt
Craig, Rainy and yucky!
Well it's been about a month since my last blog so here goes. We left Osprey on June 6th by car to visit Donnas sister Valerie in Charlotte NC on our way north. It was great to see her and her husband Norman! We stayed 2 nights and headed North.....we drove all the way to Schenectedy NY to a hotel near Waterford NY where we knew Brian and Jane from Mar A Lago would be. We were going to meet them the next morning as they headed up the Erie Canal, but then Brian sent us a text they were leaving early next Morning, so we drove to Waterford that night at 11:00pm to surprise them! Brian was in bed and Jane was blogging! Jane put Dylan on Brians bed to wake him up with dog kisses! We stayed for an hour and we also delivered some mail for them that had come to Osprey after they left a month earlier. A good laugh was had by all and we said goodbye around 12:30am....we were bushed! Back to the hotel to bed and the next morning it was off to Vt to pick up our RV. We arrived around 1:00pm at Fields Automotive where it had been stored since last Sept. Harold, our good friend and owner of Fields, had removed the cover, charged the batteries, inspected her and I drained out the pink stuff(winter anti freeze) and off we went to our summer Home, Rivers Bend Campground nearby in New Haven Vt. We dtove down a steep driveway to the river, met the owners, Judy and Dave, and then proceeded to our site. No satelite reception because of trees so we moved over 1 site and voila, we have satellite TV! We are in the summer residrnt section away from the Ottercreek River but it is still very nice. There is a pool which we had used a couple of times when we first got here but for the last 2 plus weeks it has been rainy and cool! I mean pour down, 40 days and 40 nights rain. There is flooding all over the state and puddles everywhere at the campground. Yuch! Fortunately, most of our time has been taken up with Doctor and Dentist appointments and visiting our son Scott in Burlington. We have met some really nice folks here such as Judy and Wendell Morse. Just great folks and they also do Dachsund rescues around the Eastern half of the US. They find homes for them and also help coordinate delivery to new homes! We went to Woodchuck Cider with them and there 3 rescued Dachsunds with Dylan ladt Sunday for a hard Cider tasting. Dylan is now a fan of cider as well as Beer! The great news this past week is, we got a visit from daughter Jenna and her husband Chris from California. They are staying with us until tomorrow and are going to Jenna's high school friend Mary Nienows wedding today. They have been staying with us in the RV which has been fun. We even filmed an auditin for Chris in the bath house shower because it wad painted white and had great acoustics! Lol. His agent adked him to do it for the TV show, Lethal Weapon. He got the call just before they got on the plane to come here to audition so next best solotion, film here and send it back to LA. So now I'm a film producer, sound man and best grip boy! My new careeer has started!. Yesterday, Jenna had organized a family get together for lunch in Montpelier at Sarducci's Italian Restaurant. We had no idea who would be there because it wad a work day, well surprise! My Sisters, brother on law Dick,Donna's mother, nephews and one of their wives, a grand niece and son Scott and his girlfriend Rachel and her son Desmond. It was great to see everybody and we made plans to get together at my nephew Shaun's house on Nelson Pind for the 4th of July!. Today is Daturday and it is raining cats and dogs for Mary's wedding which is supposed to be outdoors! Jenna and Chris will be heading over to the wedding around 3, umbrellas at the ready! It's gotta stop sometime.....doesn't it? The kids leave tomorrow and fly back to LA...just a quick visit. Next Saturday we start our Maine and Canadian Maritimes tour with our friends, John and Lisa McGuirre who have a 24' C class RV. Should be a blast and we will be gone for a month and then come back here until we head back to the boat in Sept. Wow, where did the summer go! Thats all for now!

Rain, Rain, go away......
Craig, Donna and Dylan
Comments
Vessel Name: Mighty Fine
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 390
Hailing Port: Charlotte, Vt
Crew: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
About:
We have been boating on Lake Champlain for 35 years and now we have retired and are heading to the Florida Keys this winter on our next great adventure. We are full time live aboards now. We will be leaving Pt Bay Marina this Sept.. Dylan the dog is our new first mate. [...]
Extra: Mighty Fine was sold July of 2020....she was a good ship and she took good care of us. On to RV adventures now!
Home Page: Cslewis2255@facebook.com
Social:

Dylan's adventure

Who: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
Port: Charlotte, Vt

Follow us on our journey up and down the east coas