The Adventures of Mighty Fine....come along for the Ride!

Back South to Marathon for the Winter!

29 March 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
12 January 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
07 December 2019 | Vero Beach Cty Marina
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
11 November 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine Fl
02 November 2019 | Lady's Island Marina, Beaufort SC
29 October 2019 | Osprey Marina
20 August 2019 | New Haven Vt
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
11 April 2019 | Sunset Bay Marina
30 March 2019 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
21 December 2018 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon Florida
28 November 2018 | Vero Beach City Marina
09 November 2018 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine
05 November 2018 | Brunswick Landing Marina
02 November 2018 | Ladys Island Marina
29 October 2018 | Georgetown, SC
27 July 2018 | New Haven Vt, Rivers Bend Campground

We're at Osprey Marina...Mighty Fine is Happy!

04 May 2018 | Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach
Craig, Sunny 80's
Mighty Fine is happy because Osprey is one of the few fresh water marinas on the ICW! Much less harsh on the boat...salt water is the devil and ages the boat way faster than fresh water!. We arrived on Tuesday after a short day from Georgetown. It helped that we had a 1.5 kt push most of the way up. The Dock master at Harbor Walk Marina told us to leave at 9.:00 am to ride the tide up the Waccama River to Osprey Marina...30 miles away. We had a gorgeous ride on one of the prettiest sections if the ICW. Pine frees and deciduous trees line both sides, almost feels like Lake Champlain our old home! We got to the marina around noon and saw Jacque and Dan from Horizon Chaser Fame, on the entry dock waving at us! They stayed an extra day here just to see us! They had use of our car before we got here and we were glad to let them use it. They've helped us many times in the past with their car or their rental cars! We caught up on what our summer plans were, they're heading to Nova Scotia by boat! We may see them somehow in Maine when we take the RV in July to Ocean Park. The first order of business was going to the movies to see the latest Avengers movie with Dan and Jacque. Donna did some shopping at the mall...Super Heroes aren't her forte! Great movie but it was discount Tuesday so the only seats left were the first 2 rows! Haven't done that since I was a kid! You had to turn your head to see what was going on, on the screen which was huge! Fortunately the theater has reclining overstuffed easy chairs so we could lay right back and watch! We did get used to it....eventually! The movie had a very wow ending that's all I will say. After the movie we went to Socastee Station, one of our favorites for food! Meatloaf was fabulous and cheap! The next day, Horizon Chaser left for points north after we said goodbye...safe trip guys! The rest of this week was settling in, food shopping and doing a few maintenance items. In fact Michael from Pagen Chant, who we met in the Bahamas a few years ago , is here at the Marina on his journey north and we took him food shopping yesterday. I learned he has been living in his boat full time since 1985! Wow. He bought his sailboat brand new in 1985...rare to find a biat this old with one owner....33 years! He will be here for a week before he moves on too. Today we are laying low as Donna has gotten either a real bad cold or the flu! I am almost over the cold I got a week ago but she is about 3 it 4 days behind me in recovery....hope she is well soon! We will be here for 3 weeks before we head to Charlotte by car. Then we fly to California to see Jenna and Chris, daughter and Son in law. Does it only bother me that our youngest child is 31 years old!! How did this happen! Sheesh! After we get back to Charlotte NC at Donnas sister Valeries, we head to Vt for our other life....RVing! I will blog occasionally over the summer but I can't promise when Linda and Gene! Lol Another winter season has come and gone and we plan to head to Marathon again next winter!

Fair Winds and Calm Seas

Comments
Vessel Name: Mighty Fine
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 390
Hailing Port: Charlotte, Vt
Crew: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
About:
We have been boating on Lake Champlain for 35 years and now we have retired and are heading to the Florida Keys this winter on our next great adventure. We are full time live aboards now. We will be leaving Pt Bay Marina this Sept.. Dylan the dog is our new first mate. [...]
Extra: Mighty Fine was sold July of 2020....she was a good ship and she took good care of us. On to RV adventures now!
Home Page: Cslewis2255@facebook.com
Social:

Dylan's adventure

Who: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
Port: Charlotte, Vt

Follow us on our journey up and down the east coas