The Adventures of Mighty Fine....come along for the Ride!

Back South to Marathon for the Winter!

29 March 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
12 January 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
07 December 2019 | Vero Beach Cty Marina
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
11 November 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine Fl
02 November 2019 | Lady's Island Marina, Beaufort SC
29 October 2019 | Osprey Marina
20 August 2019 | New Haven Vt
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
11 April 2019 | Sunset Bay Marina
30 March 2019 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
21 December 2018 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon Florida
28 November 2018 | Vero Beach City Marina
09 November 2018 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine
05 November 2018 | Brunswick Landing Marina
02 November 2018 | Ladys Island Marina
29 October 2018 | Georgetown, SC
27 July 2018 | New Haven Vt, Rivers Bend Campground

Marathon One Last Time

12 January 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
Craig Lewis | 85 and windy all the time this year!
Ok, it's been 5 weeks since my last blog! Too much to mention but I'll give it a shot! We left Vero for Sunset Bay mooring field around Dec 11th. No weather issues and the trip was uneventful. Our stay in Stuart for 6 days was a blast as usual. Their annual Christmas party at Sunset Bay is always a goos time. Free food and booze...what could be better. We saw many old cruising friends and swapped cruising stories all week long. Donna did her usual shopping sprees and Dylan and I hung out on the boat mostly.. I did play Pickle Ball at Larry and Margies condo complex in Port St Lucie. Bob and Nancy on Aquasition picked me up by boat to go to their condo iff the St Lucie River North Fork. ( they have a condo unit there too). We played for a couple of hours and was a lot of fun. We went out to dinner with Nancy, Bob, Larry and Margie at our favorite Chinese Buffet later in the week. A good time was had by all! We left Stuart on Sunday the 15th, which I swore I would never do. Travelling on a weekend down here is a nightmare! Boats everywhere and nobody slows down! Lots of wakes! But we had a 3 day window to get to Marathon before bad weather arrived. 3 day trip that should take 4 meant long days! We were going to stay in Lake Boca and anchor but the town of Boca Raton had their Christmas boar parade Sunday night! No room at the Inn...the anchorage was packed with boats watching the parade that night. A giant party for 10 miles of the ICW. Luckily after a couple of attempts to anchor in too shallow places...we called Lighthouse Pt Marina 6 miles down farther and by some miracle, they had a slip for us! It was tight but we got in right at dark! Phew! A long dawn to dusk 80 mile day! Monday we snuck out in high winds which caused a little pucker factor! Monday travel through Miami was a pleasure....no boats all day on the ICW. We made great time and got all the way to Bogue Sound 80 miles away at the bottom if Biscayne Bay which was a little bumpy but not bad most of the way. We anchored for the night but unfortunately for Dylan...no shore access. He does have his pee pad but refuses to do # 2 on it. His eyes crossed a little bit but he was fine. In the middle of the night we got a wind switch which made for a bumpy sleepless night! Ugh. The weather man isn't always right and our protected cove became unprotected by a southeast wind. So we got an early start that morning just before sunrise and headed to Marathon. Lots of 5.5- 6 ft depths on the inside passage but it is so protected from strong South and East winds that it was the only way to go. We made great time and arrived in Boot Key Harbor around 1:30 at Sombrero Dockside Marina. Bruce from Summer Wind greeted us and helped tie us up...Thank you Bruce! And here we are for the last time on Mighty Fine for the next 3 months until the end if March. So much to do here, we are way to busy and eating out way too much. So many Bars and so little time! The great news is the bar at Sombrero Dockside is finally open after being closed since Hurricane Irma 2 years ago. They have great food and live music! Lots of fun. Dylan loves it! I've gotten back into my Friday poker group and have won twice! Texas Hold'em! Good chunk of change too which Donna has spent at her Thrift stores in town! Just kidding honey! Played golf a few times on Wed. with our normal group up in Key Colony. Been to the movies and the beach which is back to the way it was pre Irene. .very nice. Margie and Larry showed up about a week ago in Wanderin' L&M and they are right next to us. Bob and Nancy arrived Jan 2nd and are on the other side of us. So the gang is all back together! Wed I helped Bob and Larry get their cars in Port St Lucie, about an 8 hr round trip. We rented a car here and drove it up there and then I drove the rental back so they would not be hit with a one way drop off fee. Glad to do it after Larry helped with a plugged toilet issue along with Bruce( who could get in a place that neither Larry or I could fit without getting stuck!) I wont go into details but it turned into a 2 day project. They went above and beyond the call if duty and I owe them both big time! So here we are settling into our winter routine for the last time. Next year we will either be in Myrtle Beach or somewhere further south in the RV...maybe even here! 2 last things. Merry and Doug Purdy are here on Purdy Suite. Merry had already done several impromptu concerts over at Marathon City Marina Tiki hut. They seem to be having a ball. Lastly, a big surprise! We may see our old Buddy boat fruends Jane and Brian from Mar a Lago fame. They are driving down from Canada and may show up mid week! We cant wait!...
This blog is for you Jane and oh ya, Linda Raymond too, who loves my blog! Lol.
Cheers
Craig, Donna and Dylan
Comments
Vessel Name: Mighty Fine
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 390
Hailing Port: Charlotte, Vt
Crew: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
About:
We have been boating on Lake Champlain for 35 years and now we have retired and are heading to the Florida Keys this winter on our next great adventure. We are full time live aboards now. We will be leaving Pt Bay Marina this Sept.. Dylan the dog is our new first mate. [...]
Extra: Mighty Fine was sold July of 2020....she was a good ship and she took good care of us. On to RV adventures now!
Home Page: Cslewis2255@facebook.com
Social:

Dylan's adventure

Who: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
Port: Charlotte, Vt

Follow us on our journey up and down the east coas