S/V Miss Emily

"LIFE IS GOOD!" �� ��

21 January 2008
28 April 2007
19 April 2007 | Galley
13 April 2007 | galley
10 April 2007 | THE GALLEY!
05 April 2007 | My KITCHEN..LOL ;)
04 April 2007 | work
06 February 2007 | miss emily
03 February 2007 | Florida.. air boat riding....
02 February 2007 | the Spiegel Grove!
01 February 2007 | miss emily
01 January 2007 | bed
25 December 2006 | Palm Beach
21 December 2006 | On top of a post, in the canal...
11 December 2006 | miss emily
01 December 2006 | the ocean!
07 November 2006 | work
31 October 2006
25 October 2006 | Paradise!

Diving for work....

02 February 2007 | the Spiegel Grove!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



What a great day of diving! My boss / friend Joe, came to work and said that we needed more pictures of wreck diving for our brochures and for a diving convention in March up in New Jersey! He said everyone get ready we are going diving. WEll.. lets see it was either sit in the office all day answering phones or going out on the water... hummm... I of course chose diving! Let me tell you, it was cold and windy out.... the waves were rolling!! it was 5-6 feet and occasionaly 8 feet out there! The air temp was 60degrees and the water was 75. The day before we had went to the Spiegel and we were very cold.. so we were expecting the same conditions. The only difference this time, as opposed to the pic of Jackie and I above was that we could NOT wear wetsuits! The pictures were supposed to look TROPICAL! Since we are a tropical climate and it barely stays cold for long.. the advertising had to reflect such!

Soooooo we were planning on going to the Duane and then the Spiegel grove. The Duane is one of my favorite wrecks here in the Keys. I've been to it now about 5 times, and I love it. It's an old US Coast Guard Cutter (built 1936) that was donated as use for an artificial reef. She was sank November 27, 1987 at Molasses Reef. She lies upright on a sandy bottom 120 feet deep. She is 327 feet long and the deck is at 90 feet. She is awesome to look at!! Lots of goliath grouper and eel and shark are all over the place. Tons of fish and coral as well! Just beautiful!

But... instead of going to the Duane first we went back to the Spiegel... to do the first photoshoot. We had heard it was really rough at the Duane so we thought lets try the Spiegel first and get some pictures taken down there. Sooo.. as we pull up we see some of our other friends out there on different boats. Steve told us that there were ton of Man o Wars all around and that we need to keep an eye out before we jump in... and yes.. we saw them EVERYWHERE! That wasn't what REALLY worried us.. it was the COLD WATER! So as we kept telling our selves it was going to be hot... we all took shifts in jumping in.. two groups every 10 minutes. Austin and I were the last group! I told him to stay close.. and he did. Austin is 18 and has been to the Spiegel Numerous amounts of time.. and I have not. So we go on down the decent line..and it wasn't cold at all.. even being in our bikinis!1 It was beautiful but the viz wasn't everything we had hoped!

Here are a few pics of us from the shoot.. I am the first two.. Jackie is the 3rd..and Joe is the last two!

I missed the next dive on the Duane... cuz I had a really bad ear squeeze.. and yes.. the viz was apparently 100ft on the duane and the no current! OF COURSE.. I missed my favorite one.. The boat was rocking bigtime.. but that puts me to sleep (the waves were 6 and 7 feet..) but it was still fun!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 1973 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Key Largo, Florida
Crew: Eddie is the Captain, except Micha is on Wednesdays! LOL!
About: Micha and the "kids" Our lil girl Bailey (40 lb Husky mix) and our big ol Maximus (120 lb doberman)
Extra:
We are a combo from opposite sides of the ocean.....England and Texas... who would of thought? We are getting Miss Emily ready for longterm crusing. We are planning on leaving late 2007 for the Caribbean. After that who knows, but we are ready to travel the world! In the meantime, enjoy my [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/missemily

The Miss Emily Crew

Who: Eddie is the Captain, except Micha is on Wednesdays! LOL!
Port: Key Largo, Florida