25 July 2010
24 July 2010 | Pötinizer Wik
23 July 2010 | Pötinizer Wik
22 July 2010 | Potinizer Wik
28 June 2010
26 June 2010
24 June 2010 | Den Helder
22 June 2010 | Harwich
21 June 2010 | Ramsgate
20 June 2010 | Dover
19 June 2010 | Rye Roads
19 June 2010 | Brighton
15 June 2010 | Brighton
14 June 2010 | Chichester
03 June 2010
03 June 2010 | Fareham
05 October 2008
01 September 2008

Listomania

03 June 2010




With any luck, I will get round to discussing many of these on future updates, and the list is by no means exhaustive, but since the last batch of posts, we have done the following work on Molly.

* Chopped off the top 6ft of the mast (rot) and scarfed in a replacement. This of course meant taking off ALL hardware and rerigging afterwards.
* Stripped back all the spars to bare wood and varnished.
* Resprayed the topsides with 2-part.
* Reshaped, stripped and revarnished the old (shorter) tiller and refitted it.
* Repainted the coach roof, house sides, cockpit floor and heads floor.
* Rerigged staysail on 2:1 purchase.
* Fitted bowsprit tackle.
* Replaced all standing rigging.
* Replaced jib and staysail halyards and jib sheets.
* Altered anchor roller 'platform' to take the new Rocna anchor.
* Fitted Taylor's cabin heater.
* Various ongoing bits of sikaflexing on the deck (more to do).
* Assembled and fitted Mister Vee selfsteering (Stainless WALT).
* Had another reef put in the main, had the UV strip on the jib replaced and had made a smaller working jib (all great jobs done in record time by Peter and Martin at Lucas Sails)
* Put normal reef nettles in the main.
* Made 'topper' mattress for V-bunk.
* Made and fitted new, bigger pin'rail'.
* Wasted time building a small dinghy that didn't work (sound construction, rubbish design, my fault, that. Boat hull shapes do not scale down....)
* Wired in regulator for solar panel (panel itself still on this week's list)
* A LOT of work to make the alternator drive belt easily and properly adjustable and stop it chewing belts every 5 seconds - including a new engine mount.
* Usual ongoing maintenance, engine oil/filter/etc changes, seacock greasing, ongoing sikkens/varnish,whipping etc.
* Turned the side shelves in the cabin into bookshelves (*my* woodworkery for once! Seems fair, since I am the book fiend).
* Had the prop cut down to 13" (made an amazingly big difference).
* Got 50m anchor chain and spliced it to 50m nylon octoplait.
* Made and lettered nameplates!
* Got about halfway through making a cockpit tent in white vinyl...handsewn (I don't have a machine and don't get on with them)
* Made plastic mesh covers for some open lockers and a tooth brush holder of the same stuff.
* Fixed the battery carrier on the handheld GPS.
* Made and fitted Lexan door to the open-fronted shelf in the galley.

Barring the sail work and the prop cut down, all done by our own fair hands - yes, we are nutters!

Oh yeah, we have also done a bit of sailing too - but not enough! Hopefully to be cured soon.

Comments
Vessel Name: Molly Oxford
Vessel Make/Model: Heard 28 Falmouth Work Boat
Hailing Port: Fareham
Crew: Kirsty + Steven

Who: Kirsty + Steven
Port: Fareham