Living the Dream

18 April 2014 | Puerto Rico
10 April 2014
04 April 2014 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
29 March 2014
26 March 2014 | St.Barts
24 March 2014 | St.Marten
23 March 2014 | St.Marten
22 March 2014
22 March 2014 | St.Marten
17 March 2014 | St.Marten
15 March 2014 | Saint Marting
13 March 2014 | Saint Martin
03 March 2014 | Puerto Rico
26 February 2014
23 February 2014 | Virgin Gorda
22 February 2014
16 February 2014 | St John
13 February 2014 | St John

We're off

01 July 2011 | Iriqouis
Hot and sunny
VOYAGE OF MOMA CAL - IRIQOUIS TO NORTH CAROLINA
JULY - SEPTEMBER 2011

DAY 1 - July 1st 2011
Jason, Jazmine and Bryanna took me to Iriqouis Thursday evening, Stephen took Doug in the morning had the boat all shipshape for my arrival. Pam and Billy came down with chicken for supper to say farewell. Bryanna rowed around the harbour in the dinghy, lovely evening, so sad when everyone left but excited about leaving.
Up at 8am eager to get under way, this has been a dream for the last three years and the time is here at last. I have had a lot of mixed feelings about leaving but realise that the time will never be right and that it is now and we are going. A bright blue sky and very calm. We motored out along the canal and turned left instead of our usual right to Kingston. Drove up to the lock and docked. Turned off the engine and we heard "Doug" up on the hill stood Jack who had missed us by five minutes, what a shame. We had a 35 minute wait and then in to our first lock with a drop of about 6" (haha deeper ones to come) $25.00. Jack stayed and watched us go through the lock and took pictures which was really great, looking forward to seeing them, waved goodbye and off we go. We later heard that Marianne and Dave came to say goodbye, so sorry we missed you all.
14.30 Eisenhower and Snell locks - $60.00 both with a drop of 42'. No wait time.
15.45 Cornwall Marina - hot and sunny - took a dinghy ride across to the office, a stroll with Pinot - then went to the Canada Day show and ate back bacon buns and huge pretzels and then ready for bed, I watched the end of the fireworks thinking of everyone at Nepean out on the water watching fireworks, much warmer and drier this year.
Comments
Vessel Name: Moma Cal
Vessel Make/Model: Cal 39
Hailing Port: Ottawa
Crew: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
About:
Doug a seasoned and accomplished sailor met Cherry an ex polo player who was enjoying cruising the Ottawa River with dreams of cruising to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. [...]

Who: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
Port: Ottawa