Living the Dream

18 April 2014 | Puerto Rico
10 April 2014
04 April 2014 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
29 March 2014
26 March 2014 | St.Barts
24 March 2014 | St.Marten
23 March 2014 | St.Marten
22 March 2014
22 March 2014 | St.Marten
17 March 2014 | St.Marten
15 March 2014 | Saint Marting
13 March 2014 | Saint Martin
03 March 2014 | Puerto Rico
26 February 2014
23 February 2014 | Virgin Gorda
22 February 2014
16 February 2014 | St John
13 February 2014 | St John

Cap-de-l'Aigle

08 July 2011 | Cap-de-l'Aigle
Day 7 - July 7th 2011
09.30 depart Quebec City, both sails up and stopped motoring around noon as now we are catching the tide travelling between 8 - 12 knots, sun out. Fast 4.5hr sail before we had to drop sails, temperature dropped considerably. Arrived Cap-de-l'Aigle at 19.50, beautiful little marina, docked, dinner, movie and off to bed, a very cold night. Bizarre as we have had such good weather, seems like another country, we parked in front of a lovely big Trawler, My Cyn owned by Stephen from North Carolina . 65 miles today.
Day 8 - July 8th 2011
Worked on the Internet for a few hours, walked up the hill with Pinot, showered and off to Tadoussec.
10.45 depart, took pictures of our first seaweed floating in the harbour. A beautiful morning back into shorts, after lunch we started seeing Belugas so we slowed down and enjoyed watching them, a whale breached right in front of the boat, what a fantastic sight. As we approached Tadoussec the weather really chilled, extra sweatshirts, pants and jackets were needed. A strange water effect known as the ripples are out in the river where the Saguenay joins the St. Lawrence, we had to motor round this area and approach from the East Into the harbour at Tadoussec. Still watching Belugas and a few whales, we were fascinated with them, I especially liked the young ones as they were grey with spots, as they get older they turn whit. Arrived in the Harbour and anchored. Doug and Chris took Pinot ashore for a walk while I cleared up the boat. We then went for a walk through the town, ate at the Tadoussec Marina, picked up a few groceries and then a drink at the Hotel, walked along the sandy beach and back to the boat in the dark. By now it was very cold and damp, cozy in the boat though. Calm night and another good sleep.
Comments
Vessel Name: Moma Cal
Vessel Make/Model: Cal 39
Hailing Port: Ottawa
Crew: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
About:
Doug a seasoned and accomplished sailor met Cherry an ex polo player who was enjoying cruising the Ottawa River with dreams of cruising to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. [...]

Who: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
Port: Ottawa