Living the Dream

18 April 2014 | Puerto Rico
10 April 2014
04 April 2014 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
29 March 2014
26 March 2014 | St.Barts
24 March 2014 | St.Marten
23 March 2014 | St.Marten
22 March 2014
22 March 2014 | St.Marten
17 March 2014 | St.Marten
15 March 2014 | Saint Marting
13 March 2014 | Saint Martin
03 March 2014 | Puerto Rico
26 February 2014
23 February 2014 | Virgin Gorda
22 February 2014
16 February 2014 | St John
13 February 2014 | St John

Escuminac

17 July 2011 | Quebec
Sunny
Day 17 - July 17th 2011
We had anchored in a bay near a bridge and had a quiet night, wind picked up early and Doug pulled anchor at 07.30 before coffee, motored away from the bay getting boat ready for a bumpy ride. For hours we motored into the wind, at last the wind changed and we could sail, turned off engine and enjoyed our real sail of the whole trip for a couple of hours and then of course wind on our nose again, so we headed into shore to keep sailing a little more but were losing time, as this is going to be a very long day we had to cover more ground. Set course and motored into big waves, slept, read or played on my DS enjoying the ride. You will probably note that I do not mention wind speed, or wave height as I always exaggerate. The wind had to be blowing at 50 knots and at least 12 foot seas, Doug says about 15 knots and 6 foot seas all I can say is it was windy and wavy and we were heeled over enough that my drink was slipping and the waves were coming over the bow (good job the V Berth hatch was closed). After a while of pounding into the waves the engine died (Barb and Randy remember that feeling) out comes the jenny and we headed to shore again, only an hour later we started her up, she just needed a rest, not sure if it is dirt in tank or engine just getting hot. Off we go again. Arrived at Escuminac at 22.30, wow New Brunswick greets us with a warm balmy breeze, beautiful evening. Only fishing boats in the harbour, we tie up along the wall and Doug finds a young girl who is the security, she has not seen many pleasure boats this year so is pleased to see us and asks if we can stay a few days. She then tells us the bad news, the cost, a whole $9.00 and that includes power. Settled into hot dogs and catching up on my blog. As Doug was cooking the dogs, he notices the boat covered in salt, we knew this was coming but it still was a shock. We have been away now for over two weeks, seems like just yesterday that we left but on the other hand have settled into boat life really well. Do not miss anything other than my Jacuzzi tub. Going to have to work on that somehow, hmmmm bigger boat.

Comments
Vessel Name: Moma Cal
Vessel Make/Model: Cal 39
Hailing Port: Ottawa
Crew: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
About:
Doug a seasoned and accomplished sailor met Cherry an ex polo player who was enjoying cruising the Ottawa River with dreams of cruising to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. [...]

Who: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
Port: Ottawa