Living the Dream

18 April 2014 | Puerto Rico
10 April 2014
04 April 2014 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
29 March 2014
26 March 2014 | St.Barts
24 March 2014 | St.Marten
23 March 2014 | St.Marten
22 March 2014
22 March 2014 | St.Marten
17 March 2014 | St.Marten
15 March 2014 | Saint Marting
13 March 2014 | Saint Martin
03 March 2014 | Puerto Rico
26 February 2014
23 February 2014 | Virgin Gorda
22 February 2014
16 February 2014 | St John
13 February 2014 | St John

Cape May

24 August 2011 | New Jersey
Hot and Sunny
Day 55 – August 24th 2011 – Cape May – 38 56.993N:74 53.280W
Up and out of the harbour by 07.30, third gorgeous day but this time the wind was on our nose so did not sail. Along the shore we go, beaches, hotels, funfairs, sand dunes again and again, this is a long straight coast line. About an hour outside Cape May we were joined by at least a dozen dolphins swimming and playing in our wake. Good Luck, I wonder, hoping it is. We had thought about heading into the Delaware Bay but there are not many places to stop before entering the canal at the top of the bay which was another 50 odd NM and it would mean arriving at some of these ports early evening and I am getting used to these early days so we decided to go into Cape May. We also are noting that there are lots more sand bars and shallow water than above New York. The channel was fun with huge fishing boats, small fishing boats, tour boats, screamer boats. Waves and current clashing right in the middle of the channel, rocking us all over the place. Passed a few Marina’s and stopped right in the bottom of the bay to see if they had a dock, we had not called in. They were full with fishing boats, walked Pinot and then back to boat, the current flowed right into the bottom of this bay right on to our starboard side pushing us into the dock, quite a challenge to get off. Eventually we were off and out to anchor by the Coast Guard, we knew we were safe here. Two Canadian boats came by, one anchored close to us, we did not see any Canadian boats until we got to New York. I spent the rest of the afternoon checking for Hurricane Irene and working on the computer while Doug and Pinot fished.
This has been the 6th day at anchor and no power, seem to be doing just great since Doug put in the new altenator and the sun has been shining so strongly. Will be posting more photos when we get to a dock with internet as I would use up too much data on my stick. Should be in the next day or two as we have to find somewhere to hide from Irene by Saturday.
Comments
Vessel Name: Moma Cal
Vessel Make/Model: Cal 39
Hailing Port: Ottawa
Crew: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
About:
Doug a seasoned and accomplished sailor met Cherry an ex polo player who was enjoying cruising the Ottawa River with dreams of cruising to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. [...]

Who: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
Port: Ottawa