Living the Dream

18 April 2014 | Puerto Rico
10 April 2014
04 April 2014 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
29 March 2014
26 March 2014 | St.Barts
24 March 2014 | St.Marten
23 March 2014 | St.Marten
22 March 2014
22 March 2014 | St.Marten
17 March 2014 | St.Marten
15 March 2014 | Saint Marting
13 March 2014 | Saint Martin
03 March 2014 | Puerto Rico
26 February 2014
23 February 2014 | Virgin Gorda
22 February 2014
16 February 2014 | St John
13 February 2014 | St John

Baltimore

29 August 2011 | Maryland
Sunny
Day 60 – August 29th 2011 – Baltimore – 39 16.993N:76 36.688W
Did not leave until 10.30 waited to catch the tide and we were going to go into Chesepeake City to put the Gib up but decided to carry on out of the canal towards Baltimore. The water was flat, calm and a fantastic day of sun and blue skies. It is hard to believe that people in Vermont were still being hit badly by Irene. We tried to find Josh an NSC member travelling around on his catamaran, Peter Kitching had told us where he was in Still Pond bay but we hit bottom trying to enter, looked OK on the chart but this is not a bay that would be dredged to keep it open so backed out the way we came and carried on. It looked very nice though and I am sure he was safely tucked away in there for the storm, so close but it was too far to go in by dinghy and we were not even sure that he was still there. We put the gib up underway and did manage to sail for a little while. Entering into the Baltimore harbour was not very pretty, very industrial, ships everywhere and I was not actually looking forward to this stop. But as we got closer, the marinas and waterfront buildings became very interesting. We tied up at the town docks right in the bottom of the bay, took Pinot for a walk and then off to Little Italy for a very nice dinner and chat with some people about heading south. Slow walk home and a quiet evening, it was well worth the stop. In the morning while we were having our coffee along came Sebastian who came aboard for a chat, Sebastian comes from Cambridge, UK and is leaving Baltimore in October to head down to Vieques on his lovely wooden boat named Shalimar. For those who do not know Vieques is an island off Puerto Rico so we had lots to chat about and hope to meet up again in the future. Off over to Diesel up and then on to Annapolis.
Comments
Vessel Name: Moma Cal
Vessel Make/Model: Cal 39
Hailing Port: Ottawa
Crew: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
About:
Doug a seasoned and accomplished sailor met Cherry an ex polo player who was enjoying cruising the Ottawa River with dreams of cruising to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. [...]

Who: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
Port: Ottawa