Living the Dream

18 April 2014 | Puerto Rico
10 April 2014
04 April 2014 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
29 March 2014
26 March 2014 | St.Barts
24 March 2014 | St.Marten
23 March 2014 | St.Marten
22 March 2014
22 March 2014 | St.Marten
17 March 2014 | St.Marten
15 March 2014 | Saint Marting
13 March 2014 | Saint Martin
03 March 2014 | Puerto Rico
26 February 2014
23 February 2014 | Virgin Gorda
22 February 2014
16 February 2014 | St John
13 February 2014 | St John

Osprey Marina

23 September 2011 | South Carolina
Hot and humid
Day 83 – September 21st 2011 – Osprey Marina – 33 40.859N:79 02.446W
We departed Georgetown at 10.15 under overcast skies and expectations of rain. The dock master here at Georgetown warned us about a flotilla of power boats that were on their way south, that will be fun. We passed a small double ended sailboat going the same way as us. I felt sorry for him, I have no idea how sailors manage that do not have full enclosures, it must be so miserable. Sitting in my usual position, starboard side looking back, I was watching the black sky bearing down on us, the rain started about an hour after we left and it poured. I could see the poor double ender being swallowed up in the black downpour. This is first rain since leaving Deltaville and it put a damper on my feelings knowing that this was the last day, although we have been threatened with bad weather we always seem to have missed it so I suppose we have been very lucky really. Into the swampy area, a catamaran was coming toward us and hailed us on the radio. He said that if we turned into Princes Creek a mile or so further on we would enjoy the most beautiful part of this river he had ever seen. I was not that keen as it was raining and how lovely can it be, it is just trees and water. As we approached Doug slowed down and headed into the creek, the sun came out and yes he was right, because hardly any boats go through here the sides of the river were really gorgeous, lilies, wild flowers and trees on the shore that we had not seen in the ICW. We saw one alligator sunning himself but by the time we got back to him it had gone. Then all of a sudden we were back at Osprey early afternoon. Tied up at the fuel dock to pump out and fill up with diesel and what should go whizzing by but the power boat flotilla, there must have been 20 of them and they were not going slow. We missed them by 5 mins, good timing I think. After filling up we were shown to our dock where Moma will stay for two months. It is now very, very hot and steamy. We met a fellow named Michael on our dock, he is living on his boat and is a Rod Stewart impersonator, what a hoot. I tidied up and Doug ordered dinner with Steve, who we met before and is travelling to the Bahamas and has been held up here for a while. We sat on the deck eating while the sun was going down and enjoyed our last day of travelling. Tomorrow it will be work.
Day 84 – September 22nd 2011 – Osprey Marina
Today Doug washed all the brown stuff off the hull, scrubbed the deck, deflated the dinghy while I went through all the lockers and cleaned and packed. It is hot and humid, I got myself into areas that I did not think my body could bend into. We had sausage and beans for supper and invited Michael over and while listening to his music and life story the evening just slipped away. Off to bed to watch TV and rest my aching bones.
Day 85 – September 23rd 2011 – Osprey Marina
Doug was up really early, me not so, I am sore all over today. I went for a walk to try and stretch myself out a little, there are a herd of goats here at the marina, will have to bring Pinot up and see them later. We are hiring a car today so that we can go off and do a little bit of sightseeing and pick up a de-humidifier as we think that the rest of October is going to be very humid and we will worry about leaving everything locked up.

Comments
Vessel Name: Moma Cal
Vessel Make/Model: Cal 39
Hailing Port: Ottawa
Crew: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
About:
Doug a seasoned and accomplished sailor met Cherry an ex polo player who was enjoying cruising the Ottawa River with dreams of cruising to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. [...]

Who: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
Port: Ottawa