Living the Dream

18 April 2014 | Puerto Rico
10 April 2014
04 April 2014 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
29 March 2014
26 March 2014 | St.Barts
24 March 2014 | St.Marten
23 March 2014 | St.Marten
22 March 2014
22 March 2014 | St.Marten
17 March 2014 | St.Marten
15 March 2014 | Saint Marting
13 March 2014 | Saint Martin
03 March 2014 | Puerto Rico
26 February 2014
23 February 2014 | Virgin Gorda
22 February 2014
16 February 2014 | St John
13 February 2014 | St John

Beaufort

08 December 2011 | South Carolina
Sunny
DAY 3 – December 8th 2011 – Beaufort – 32 25.797N:80 40.513W
That was a chilly night, good job we still have comforters from Nova Scotia days. We also have a small propane heater so that kept us warm. After making sure that we had not drifted and set the anchor alarm we went off to sleep. About 3.30am a huge wave hit us, Doug looked outside and a boat had passed us, thank goodness that was all it was. Up at 8.00am and tidied up, today we put up the cockpit enclosure to protect us from the wind. It makes such a difference, immediately the whole boat warmed up, it sort of gives you a greenhouse effect, why did we not do that yesterday????. Up anchor and off we go heading toward Beaufort (Bew-fort as they say here in South Carolina) We arrived at the Lady’s Island Bridge at 12.30 but they only opened on the hour so had to hang around for 30mins, just past the bridge we docked at the Downtown Marina. Across from us on our dock were a couple that came from Lunenburg and are on their way to the Bahamas too. After checking in we took the courtesy car to the store to stock up on some groceries. After unpacking and stowing the goodies we walked around the town. Beaufort is famous for its large open balconies and Spanish moss hangs from all the trees, a very pretty small town. It turned very cold as soon as the sun went down so we stopped off to have dinner on the way home to Moma. Doug ordered smoked ribs, a whole rack so there was enough to take home for dinner tomorrow. Back onboard, we turned on all the heaters, plugged in the cable and prepared to spend the evening watching TV. Tonight is comfortable and warm.
Comments
Vessel Name: Moma Cal
Vessel Make/Model: Cal 39
Hailing Port: Ottawa
Crew: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
About:
Doug a seasoned and accomplished sailor met Cherry an ex polo player who was enjoying cruising the Ottawa River with dreams of cruising to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. [...]

Who: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
Port: Ottawa