Living the Dream

18 April 2014 | Puerto Rico
10 April 2014
04 April 2014 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
29 March 2014
26 March 2014 | St.Barts
24 March 2014 | St.Marten
23 March 2014 | St.Marten
22 March 2014
22 March 2014 | St.Marten
17 March 2014 | St.Marten
15 March 2014 | Saint Marting
13 March 2014 | Saint Martin
03 March 2014 | Puerto Rico
26 February 2014
23 February 2014 | Virgin Gorda
22 February 2014
16 February 2014 | St John
13 February 2014 | St John

Killenny Marina, Richmond Hill

10 December 2011 | Georgia
Overcast
DAY 5 - December 10th 2011- Richmond Hill - 31 47.344N:81 12 159W
Overcast and dismal day, did not want to get up this morning, I went to Publix to pick up some lemon for the shrimp that we shall eat tonight and then took Pinot for a walk and off by 09.30am not planning on going very far today. The day stayed overcast and got colder and we are expecting rain this afternoon so we scooted up the Killenny River to stop at the Marina there, arrived at 14.00pm maybe a bit early to stop for the night but it was miserable enough by now to say enough is enough, I want warm and power. Filled up with Diesel, marina is very small and the docks are rickety but functional. Plugged in and cooked up some clam chowder to warm us up. Internet up and running so we are planning on spending the rest of the afternoon catching up on work, downloading photos without having to use my rocket stick. The marina although old and tatty, reminds me of something out of Deliverence but the trees surrounding us are beautiful with moss all over them. Got into some work and the time just rushed by, at 17.30 we decided to go for a walk and stretch our legs. There was no one around, it was very quiet. The trees here are huge surrounding about four little white bungalows with big porches and Xmas decorations, the ground was just grass and there are no flower beds or bushes around any of the homes. Very strange feeling, got back to the boat and I started working again while Doug cooked up the shrimp. Weather does not look better over the next few days, rain and cool but regardless we shall be heading out in the morning.
Comments
Vessel Name: Moma Cal
Vessel Make/Model: Cal 39
Hailing Port: Ottawa
Crew: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
About:
Doug a seasoned and accomplished sailor met Cherry an ex polo player who was enjoying cruising the Ottawa River with dreams of cruising to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. [...]

Who: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
Port: Ottawa