Living the Dream

18 April 2014 | Puerto Rico
10 April 2014
04 April 2014 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
29 March 2014
26 March 2014 | St.Barts
24 March 2014 | St.Marten
23 March 2014 | St.Marten
22 March 2014
22 March 2014 | St.Marten
17 March 2014 | St.Marten
15 March 2014 | Saint Marting
13 March 2014 | Saint Martin
03 March 2014 | Puerto Rico
26 February 2014
23 February 2014 | Virgin Gorda
22 February 2014
16 February 2014 | St John
13 February 2014 | St John

Boyton Beach

24 December 2011 | Florida
Sunny
DAY 19 – December 24th 2011- 2 Georges, Boyton Beach – 26 31.694N:080 03.230W
Left early again as the sun was rising, for a couple of hours we were still in the Indian River, an hour or so on we come across a boat aground under full sail named Angelica we had passed this boat before a couple of days earlier. We stopped but they said they were waiting for Sea Tow. The river is still very wide until we got to the St. Lucie Inlet, once across there we entered the Manatee Pocket alongside Jupiter Island. What a pretty stretch, narrow, beautiful homes and stretches of wildlife reserves, mangros either side of the water, still no sight of any Manatees. Now we are going to go through bridge after bridge, we overtook a small Canadian Boat and slowed down so that he could go through the Hobe Sound bridge together, then sped up as we wanted to get through the next bridge before him or we would be slowed down all day. We went through 13 opening bridges today. After Jupiter we went through Palm Beach, more and more stunning properties and boats. After a while you just get used to it, there were a couple of Sheriffs and Police Boats stopping speeding boats, one of them came up to us and said that his grandparents live in Stittsville and how was the trip down here. We were enjoying a chat when this cigarette boat came screaming up behind us and they said “gotta go and do some work” they pulled them over and gave them a ticket. We decided to stop in Boynton Beach at the restaurant 2 Georges, we had been travelling for 10 hours and it is Xmas Eve I did not want to cook. Had a nice walk and then dinner and back to the boat for TV and relax.
Comments
Vessel Name: Moma Cal
Vessel Make/Model: Cal 39
Hailing Port: Ottawa
Crew: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
About:
Doug a seasoned and accomplished sailor met Cherry an ex polo player who was enjoying cruising the Ottawa River with dreams of cruising to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. [...]

Who: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
Port: Ottawa