Living the Dream

18 April 2014 | Puerto Rico
10 April 2014
04 April 2014 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
29 March 2014
26 March 2014 | St.Barts
24 March 2014 | St.Marten
23 March 2014 | St.Marten
22 March 2014
22 March 2014 | St.Marten
17 March 2014 | St.Marten
15 March 2014 | Saint Marting
13 March 2014 | Saint Martin
03 March 2014 | Puerto Rico
26 February 2014
23 February 2014 | Virgin Gorda
22 February 2014
16 February 2014 | St John
13 February 2014 | St John

Sunrise Marina, Freeport

14 March 2012 | Bahamas
Warm
DAY 1 – March 14th 2012- Sunrise Marina – Freeport – 26.29.661:078.16.084
Heading back to the Bahamas today. Doug met me at the airport and then we had to wait for our newly appointed taxi driver, you may remember in the last few months that every time I fly home Doug becomes very friendly with taxi drivers. Well this one was one to remember, Queenie. Apparently when she picked Doug up they had to stop at her daughter’s school and then again at Burger King to feed her daughter before driving to the airport to drop off Doug. After an hours wait Queenie arrived jumped out of the van and rushed over to give me a hug and welcomed me to the Bahamas. She chatted all the way to the marina, we picked up a few young lads on route. Happy to be back on Moma, she was all spic and span, Doug had worked very hard making her look nice for my return. We decided to go into Freeport to the fish fest held every Wednesday evening so we called Queenie to pick us up. Wayne arrived and told us that he was Queenie’s future son-in-law but apparently she does not know this yet. Dropped us off and said he would be back to pick us up later. The fish fest was rocking, there were many different bars along the street and on the beach, it is very windy and we decided to walk along the beach to a blazing bonfire. There we ordered a drink and food but the wind got worse and worse and then it rained. We were obliged to wait for the food, my drink blew over, it was totally miserable but we were OK just enjoying the experience. We got back to where we were to meet Wayne who had picked up the love of his life Queenies Daughter Keiza . Arrived back at the marina and off to bed.
Comments
Vessel Name: Moma Cal
Vessel Make/Model: Cal 39
Hailing Port: Ottawa
Crew: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
About:
Doug a seasoned and accomplished sailor met Cherry an ex polo player who was enjoying cruising the Ottawa River with dreams of cruising to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. [...]

Who: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
Port: Ottawa