Living the Dream

18 April 2014 | Puerto Rico
10 April 2014
04 April 2014 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
29 March 2014
26 March 2014 | St.Barts
24 March 2014 | St.Marten
23 March 2014 | St.Marten
22 March 2014
22 March 2014 | St.Marten
17 March 2014 | St.Marten
15 March 2014 | Saint Marting
13 March 2014 | Saint Martin
03 March 2014 | Puerto Rico
26 February 2014
23 February 2014 | Virgin Gorda
22 February 2014
16 February 2014 | St John
13 February 2014 | St John

Georgetown

26 January 2013
Windy but sunny
DAY 67 - January 24th 2013 - Georgetown - 23 31.114N:75 45.547W
Joanne, Elaine and Jim arrive today so due to the windy conditions we have decided head to the marina. Yoga on the beach and then off over to the marina. Spent the day doing laundry, cleaning up the boat and guess what "I found an aft cabin" Wowee how nice to see it all set up and ready for guests. We heard Elvis the water taxi driver hailing us asking where we were. I had tried to contact Joanne to say that we were at the marina but the text did not go through quick enough. So they arrived by taxi, a whole half a mile. Once on board we had drinkies and were going to the yacht club for supper when the power went out so I fixed up a big pile of spaghetti dinner and then off to bed by 10.00pm.
DAY 68 - January 25th 2013 - Georgetown -
Everyone slept well, even though the wind was howling, we were pointy end in and the waves were hitting the back of the boat, every three waves we would bash into the side of the dock but at least it was easier getting off the boat than at anchor. We would have been stuck on board for a couple of days. Today was spent shopping, going to the Tourism Annual get together and then a lovely dinner at the Yacht Club.
DAY 69 - January 26th 2013 - Georgetown - Stocking Island
Upon waking, the sun was beginning to shine and the wind had died down at last. We decided to leave the marina and go back over to Stocking Island and anchor. After showers and just about to leave the dock I noticed that the sink was backing up. Doug checked the bilge and we were sinking, oh no, Problem number 1. Joanne and Elaine jumped ship and went shopping while Doug and Jim searched the bilges and cupboards, I ran around putting stuff back into where it all came from, actually this was good as I packed items a little better than before. Eventually it was decided that the pump was back flushing and they got it sorted out and we stopped sinking. We are still at the marina, a diver arrived to come and cut out some rope that had been attached to a lifejacket in the water when we arrived. The rope had got round the keel and would have prevented us leaving. Problem number 2, Sweet Chariot was hailing us on the radio and then we found the hand set was not working, Problem number 3. That's it, no more and off we set, out of the bay, motored to the south of Stocking Island and set sail and back to Monument Hill. Anchored off Volleyball Beach, dinghy ashore and spent the afternoon walking to the Atlantic side, petting the sting rays and dinner at Chat and Chills. 5 men in a boat plus Pinot is a fun thing to do late at night, wet bottoms and lots of giggles. Played SkipBo, we took on different names for fun, even Pinot became Chardonnay for the evening which created more giggles. I went off to bed while Doug and girls stayed up chatting into the night.
Comments
Vessel Name: Moma Cal
Vessel Make/Model: Cal 39
Hailing Port: Ottawa
Crew: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
About:
Doug a seasoned and accomplished sailor met Cherry an ex polo player who was enjoying cruising the Ottawa River with dreams of cruising to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. [...]

Who: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
Port: Ottawa