Living the Dream

18 April 2014 | Puerto Rico
10 April 2014
04 April 2014 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
29 March 2014
26 March 2014 | St.Barts
24 March 2014 | St.Marten
23 March 2014 | St.Marten
22 March 2014
22 March 2014 | St.Marten
17 March 2014 | St.Marten
15 March 2014 | Saint Marting
13 March 2014 | Saint Martin
03 March 2014 | Puerto Rico
26 February 2014
23 February 2014 | Virgin Gorda
22 February 2014
16 February 2014 | St John
13 February 2014 | St John

Sapadilla Bay

13 February 2013 | Provo
Sunny
DAY 83 – February 10th 2013 – Southside Marina – Provo
This morning we watched as a few others boats came into the marina, two of them hit the sand bank and one had to be pulled off. Some of the boats are Canadian and one had a couple from Barrhaven on it. You never know who you meet down here. The marina is now full as the wind is supposed to be high for the next few days. We decided to rent a car and in the afternoon we toured some of the island and ended up on the beach at a restaurant for lunch at the tourist spot. Fantastic beaches, long white and protected by a huge reef. To get into the marina on this side of the island must be a treat.
DAY 84 – February 11th 2013 – Southside Marina
Doug had found a diesel mechanic who came to drain the tank and hopefully sort out our problems. Jack and I went to the stores to find a pump for the head and some filters for the engine. Then back to the boat to work for the afternoon.
DAY 85 – February 12th 2013 – Southside Marina
After the engine compartment was all put back together, Doug started on the head, I had paperwork everywhere what a mess. But we were finished and tidied up by noon and then I declared that I was officially on vacation, I have not actually taken a day off work since starting this trip in December so have signed off for a week, luxury, we toured the island and ended up at Coco Palms restaurant and had an awesome meal in the most beautiful setting among the palms and plants.
DAY 86 – February 13th 2013 – Sapadilla Bay – 21 444.559N:072 17.274W
All good things come to an end, I did not want to leave here, I have become so settled and the Marina is so nice but we have to move out on the high tide to enable us to do the next leg tomorrow. Donna and I went off early to buy groceries and then take the car back to Scooter Bob, who was not in fine shape after a night that he could not remember. Doug finished filling up with water and preparing the boat to leave while I stowed the groceries and then said our goodbyes. Maryann and Don are picking up lobsters later today and will deliver them to us at Sapadilla. Once anchored Donna came over and picked us up as their dinghy was still in the water, we spent the afternoon chatting while the boys played with electronics. I like being on vacation, Maryann hailed us on the radio and Doug and I zoomed off to pick them up and say our goodbyes. Back to Moma and dinner and an early night.
Comments
Vessel Name: Moma Cal
Vessel Make/Model: Cal 39
Hailing Port: Ottawa
Crew: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
About:
Doug a seasoned and accomplished sailor met Cherry an ex polo player who was enjoying cruising the Ottawa River with dreams of cruising to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. [...]

Who: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
Port: Ottawa