Living the Dream

18 April 2014 | Puerto Rico
10 April 2014
04 April 2014 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
29 March 2014
26 March 2014 | St.Barts
24 March 2014 | St.Marten
23 March 2014 | St.Marten
22 March 2014
22 March 2014 | St.Marten
17 March 2014 | St.Marten
15 March 2014 | Saint Marting
13 March 2014 | Saint Martin
03 March 2014 | Puerto Rico
26 February 2014
23 February 2014 | Virgin Gorda
22 February 2014
16 February 2014 | St John
13 February 2014 | St John

Trellis Bay

16 January 2014 | BVI
DAY 17 - January 13th 2014 - Spanish Town - BVI
Yesterday we had planned on going to visit the Baths but as we were all working on boat chores we all met ashore and chatted for a few hours instead and decided to go today. Now we are having outboard problems, apparently water has got into the tank and Doug had to get a fresh tank of gas. Then it seemed to have a leak in a pipe, there is always something to fix on a boat. Doug was up and at it again in the morning and hooray motor started and appears to be running very well now. He had also spent hours on the large fridge and it is still not working. We left the dogs on board today as it will be a hike up and down the hill and lots of people expected to be there so thought it better to leave them in peace. Ashore by 11am and picked up an open air taxi for $4 each way and drove to the Baths, Had a great hike down to the Baths and hardly met any people, super swim in the big bay, climbed through the boulders and another swim in the little bay before heading back up to the Top of the Baths restaurant for a late lunch. After lunch we felt quite tired so were back on board by 4pm only to be greeted with sad eyes from Pinot she had not been ashore for a couple of days, so we picked up Bob and Leo and took them to beach for an hour. Started watching Dexter CDs tonight, strange show.
DAY 18 - January 14th 2014 - Trellis Bay - 18 26.793N:064 22.063W
Up early today for some reason, skies overcast but at least the wind is down. Doug went ashore to renew our visitors permit for another couple of weeks, we will probably head over to Trellis Bay for the full moon party and then to the Bitter End and a visit to Anegada is in our plans for the next week. The weather is supposed to be calmer with only 5 foot seas for a week or so. We did leave after filling up with water and actually sailed across the channel to Trellis Bay, the first time without motor sailing, so peaceful, a bit rolly on occasions but really enjoyable. Once in Trellis we picked up a mooring ball and then went ashore with the dogs to look around. Today we met new friends Carol and Joe who live aboard their Catamaran and do charters throughout the BVI. They invited us to Canadian night at a restaurant in the hills for a delicious meal, such beautiful surroundings. A really good evening.
DAY 19 - January 15th 2014 - Trellis Bay
FULL MOON Party
Today we went over to Carol and Joe's boat Sea of Love to play dominos, have never played before and with my beginners luck WON the game. Went ashore to walk the dogs and then again for the 6pm pig roast and to watch the party goers, I love to people watch. The stilt walkers and the girl on the wire came out after they lit the fireballs. It actually was quite a cool evening and I was glad to get home and to bed.
DAY 20 - January 16th 2014 - Trellis Bay -
We decided to chill out in Trellis for another day, took a dinghy ride out to see a tall ship in the channel and then a walk along the beach with Donna and Jack. Then three episodes of Dexter, I am getting hooked on this program.
Comments
Vessel Name: Moma Cal
Vessel Make/Model: Cal 39
Hailing Port: Ottawa
Crew: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
About:
Doug a seasoned and accomplished sailor met Cherry an ex polo player who was enjoying cruising the Ottawa River with dreams of cruising to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. [...]

Who: Doug Patterson, Cherry Stobie and Pinot
Port: Ottawa