Moody Blue Adventures

05 April 2009 | Hastings-Geelong
08 January 2008 | Wilsons Prom
16 September 2007
01 September 2007 | Port Stephens to Pittwater
31 August 2007
30 August 2007 | North Qld
29 August 2007 | Nth. Queensland
28 August 2007 | Queensland
27 August 2007 | Manly - Queensland
24 July 2007 | Queensland
23 July 2007 | Brisbane - Queensland

Balina/Yamba and beyond

29 August 2007 | Nth. Queensland
Kerry
Day panning out to be sunny with very light winds. Set the Spinnaker and just hoped the wind would pick up. Whales/dolphins, smooth seas - just need a bit of a puff to make it perfect.
Rounded the Byron Bay light house around 4.00pm.
Dinner of steak and salad - mor chady's and another moonlight night. This is definitely the life!
Quietly enjoying the night when all hell broke loose. We were dive bombed by two jets!! The noise was ear splitting and believe me if you had of had a weak heart - I think it would have been goodnight! This went on for about 1/2 hour of these two jets flying straight over the top of us. After three passes they decided to leave us alone and the quiet was almost as deafening and the jets.
Again another peaceful night of 3 on and 3 off. Hopefully make Coffs Harbour tomorrow.
Unfortunately today was mostly motoring, but it is a good test for the motor and electronics which we had serviced in Manly, and at this stage all is good.
Comments
Vessel Name: Moody Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Moody 46
Hailing Port: Melbourne
Crew: Kerry Elphinstone
About: Wife of Wayne - (Kerry not really a good sailor by any stretch of the imagination, but a loyal and always there 1st mate!
Extra: Kerry and I are very frustrated at this stage because our Moody 46 is still berthed at Royal Queensland. We have to organise to sail her back to Melbourne, work commitments and weather patterns govern when we can make the 1000 NM trip.

Who: Kerry Elphinstone
Port: Melbourne