Summer Sailing Adventures

This Blog is a Sailing Journal for the Sailboat Moon Dancer II, a Canadian registered vessel. Moon Dancer II is an Endeavour 37 Ketch. The Journal is for Family and Friends to be able to see where Moon Dancer II sails and follow the work on the boat

22 October 2014 | Bayside, New Brunswick
22 October 2014 | Bayside, New Brunswick

Initial Post

22 October 2014 | Bayside, New Brunswick
The sailing season seemed too short, although it was fantastic. All told, we made about 1000 nautical miles of just gunk holing around the coast of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. We survived the hit from Hurricane Arthur unscathed when many boats in our harbor were written off. We took in different festivals and events where possible, spent time visiting family and made new friends along the way.

Haul out took place on October 4th, at the Bayside Marine Terminal. Tried to make the boat as light as possible as we hired a 30t crane to do the lifting. The operator said she weighed in at 23,000lbs with both masts off. The crane didn't have much room for movement at that weight. The boat made the trip from the dock to the boatyard to be cleaned and decommissioned for the season. The engine was winterized and plumbing system disconnected and flushed. The only job left is the frame and tarp. Already making the list for winter maintenance projects and upgrades.

The Fall has been mild and nice, seems hard to think of storage when things are this unusually warm. The change from nice to winter could literally happen overnight though. Good to be high and dry for now.

Stay Warm...awaiting the spring...

"Always be yourself! Unless you can be a Sailor, then, Always Be A Sailor!"
Comments
Vessel Name: Moon Dancer II
Vessel Make/Model: Endveaour 37 Ketch
Hailing Port: St. Andrews, New Brunswick CANADA