Moondance's Travels

02 May 2016
24 July 2015 | Portosin Marina
29 May 2015 | Gijon Spain
24 May 2015 | L'Orient
18 May 2015 | Camaret
13 May 2015 | Roscoff
10 May 2015 | Lezardrieux
02 May 2015 | Weymouth Custom House quay
30 April 2015 | Lymington
29 April 2015 | Wicor - Portchester
21 April 2015 | Wicor Marine Portsmouth Harbour
18 March 2015 | Hayling Island
29 January 2015 | Hayling Island
07 October 2014 | Hayling Island
08 July 2014 | Portsmouth Harbour

Winter work

29 January 2015 | Hayling Island
Apologies it has been a long time since the last post. A lot has happened in that time. The bottom has been Copper coated - a saga for a later date - but all good now!! Ouch poor bank account. Thank god we had all the work professionally done and guaranteed given the application issues.

At the same time we have had some cosmetic fibreglass work done and the topsides polished.

We had a problem with the rudder being very stiff so have taken the opportunity to drop it and clean up the bearings. We needed help to remove the quadrant which was very corroded and had to have the bolts drilled out where they had corroded. Hopefully it will all be OK when it is refitted on launch day.

Looking good now but the deck needs a good clean.

We have fitted an Autoprop (ouch 2). A new front cabin hatch - that turned out to be virtually the same cost as replacing the cracked perspex.

The sailing plan is now fairly fixed (oh yeah!!) the aim being to cast off on May 1st heading for the Channel Islands and then coast hopping to north Biscay before crossing to northern Spain. Loads of charts and pilot guides piling up.

We have to be in A Coruna for the end of June to meet out daughter Kate and grandson Josh who are coming over from Australia for a holiday.

We will then spend the rest of the season getting to somewhere near Gibraltar for the winter.

I know it seems strange but we are going back in the water next week. Mainly so that we can spend time on the boat to get the rest of the jobs done we want to do as well as to acclimatize us back to living on board and making sure everything works - especially the rudder. We also want to make sure all is OK with the Coppercoat after the issues we had with the application. The boat will be lifted - at the yards expense - in April to make sure everything is OK.

Hopefully from now on there will be more updates.

Jim
Comments
Vessel Name: Moondance
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 460
Hailing Port: Portsmouth
Crew: Jim and Alison
About: We have been sailing over 25 years mainly South Coast of England. Took our last yacht to Greece via French canals. We are planning to take Moondance to Greece to but we may well head off to the Carribbean you will just have to keep an eye on the blog to see what we decide!
Moondance's Photos - Main
6 Photos
Created 29 May 2015
No Photos
Created 29 May 2015
4 Photos
Created 18 May 2015
The trip from L'Aberwrach to Camaret
7 Photos
Created 18 May 2015
6 Photos
Created 13 May 2015
3 Photos
Created 10 May 2015
Some pictures of the harbour in Braye Alderney
4 Photos
Created 10 May 2015
Crossing from Lymington to Weymouth and rafted up on Weymouth Custom House Quay
6 Photos
Created 2 May 2015
2 Photos
Created 30 April 2015