Moonlight Sue

09 June 2014 | Key West, FL
09 June 2014 | Key West, FL
09 June 2014 | Key West, FL
09 June 2014 | Key West, FL
09 June 2014 | Key West, FL
09 June 2014 | Key West, FL
09 June 2014 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon, FL
24 May 2014 | Marathon, FL
24 May 2014 | Marathon, FL
24 May 2014 | Marathon, FL
24 May 2014 | Marathon, FL
30 April 2014 | Marathon, FL
30 April 2014 | Marathon, FL
30 April 2014 | Marathon, FL
30 April 2014 | Marathon, FL
30 April 2014 | Marathon, FL
30 April 2014 | Marathon, FL

Photog Day - Riding South on Hwy 1

30 April 2014
Keith's reaction to his Cuban Coffee.

We spent Monday last riding our bikes South on Hwy 1 - a new direction for me as I had always gone North toward Publix, the P.O., etc.
Our first stop was at Stuffed Pig to fulfill a post on my "To Do" list, which was to have one of their lobster and Cheese Omelets (which I had with hash browns and toast) and a glass of OJ. Good thing we were on our bikes - after that breakfast, I needed some exercise to wear off that completely filling meal. Oooooo, it was so good, though!

We continued our ride down to Rick's Discount Store where we looked at every item Rick had, and bought a few necessaries. The store was a combination of resale items and select grocery, along with a spattering of souvenirs. We sat a spell outside in the shade as Keith talked with Rick and I rested my keister.
Our next stop was at the Cuban Cafe - a colorful storefront with a breakfast/lunch menu offering inside and a fabulous selection of juices that can be purchased by glass or 1/2 gallon take home containers.
Keith had Cuban coffee for the first time, while I had a very delicious and refreshing glass of watermelon juice.
Keith set his coffee on the table and my eyes went wide - uh oh....small container (just slightly larger than one of those plastic condiment cups at fast food restaurants for ketchup or mayo.
Keith's reaction in the pic should give you an idea of just how strong this coffee was - and, on a side note, he had no problem with energy for the rest of the day!
We headed off to West Marine to inquire on a replacement part for the Sue, than headed back toward the marina. We still had to head North of the marina to the Post Office and the grocery store, but I was running out of steam. It was really, really hot and humid. My back was soaked (along with the rest of me) by the time we got back to the side street off Hwy 1 to the marina. I asked Keith to head out to finish errands while I took a rest at the bus stop, than headed over to the Community Park for some pics. We met back up at the marina later.
We went back to the Sue for Sundowners. It was a nice afternoon of just doing whatever we felt like doing.
Vessel Name: Moonlight Sue
Vessel Make/Model: 1981 Cherubini Hunter 357
Hailing Port: Port Isabel, Texas
Crew: Keith & Carol
About: We are former professional drivers. We have lived on our 36' Sloop since 2005.
Extra: We control our destiny and the time within it. We answer to one thing and one thing only - what the seas tell us.

About Us

Who: Keith & Carol
Port: Port Isabel, Texas