More Mischief Wherever We Go

Season 5 begins of five months or five years - October 30th, 2015

Monday, July 16th – to Guadeloupe

19 July 2012
The plan was to get up early and go to customs to checkout. This is a rather bazar tedious task which has to be done in many of the islands down hear. Michael also decided that he would top up the diesel tank and get the jerry cans filled before we departed. That was fine because at this point in time we had only planned on sailing 14 miles to St. Bart's and then get up at the crack of dawn the next day and head for Guadeloupe. He went and said good bye to Mike and Sally and to thank them for all their help while we were there. Of course, Mike being the local net controller and weather forecast provider for the area suggested that because the Wave had moved out of the area earlier than first thought we should now forget about St. Bart's and head right for Guadeloupe....130 km jump which would probably take in the neighborhood of 24 hours. So, at 10:00 we pulled anchor and motored over to the Dutch Swing Bridge which was to open at 11;00. By 11:10 we had motored out of the Simpson Bay Harbor and were now getting the sails ready for what looked like it was going to be a great sail. Main went up the jib came out and before we knew it, we were doing over 7.5 knots. The wind and the waves were of course larger than expected but not too much to handle. We sailed all the way to the next anchorage in Deshaies which is a tiny fishing village on the east side of Guadeloupe. It was a record sail for us......we were anchored again 23 hours after we left St. Maarten. We are now waiting for another weather window before making our way down to either Dominica or Martinique.

Comments
Vessel Name: More Mischief
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sunkiss 47
Hailing Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario
Crew: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
About: The trip of the life time begins. I wonder if it will kill us...5 months or five years. Our 47 foot Jeanneau is to be our home for the next 5 years. At this stage is would be interesting to know what it would be like to spend 24/7 together.
Extra: Year three is about to start. We are heading back to Antigua to launch the boat and plan on cruising back up to St. Marten and then over to the Virgin Islands for the season.
Social:

Who: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario