More Mischief Wherever We Go

Season 5 begins of five months or five years - October 30th, 2015

Antigua and Barbuda

17 March 2013
On February 24th we took a cab to the airport to pick up our daughter Lachlan. It took her over 24 hours to get here from Edmonton. We were in Jolly Harbor again and would stay here until Adrian and Randy arrive on Wednesday. On Monday, Lachlan, Michael, Stan and Elizabeth took me out for my birthday to the local pizza place and had a great meal and some amazing deserts. Tuesday, we were off on the local bus to St. John's which is the capital of Antigua. We wondered around the market and town but when were heard that someone had been shot in town decided it was time to leave. The boys arrived on Wednesday evening and it was decided that we would move first thing in the morning over to Carlisle Bay. Michael took Adrian and Lachlan to the reef for some snorkeling. The next day back over to Falmouth Harbor to see the sites and show the kids (and Randy to) how the rich and famous live. We spent a day there and made our way back to Jolly Harbor and from there we would go to Barbuda. As it turned out there was absolutely no wind and had to motor all the way....we did see our first whale. This island was a disappointment as there was nothing to do here unless you wanted to lie on the beach. The visibility of the water was very poor because of the swells which also did not make for a very comfortable anchorage. Needless to say we left and made our way back to Antigua again with no wind. This time we saw a bunch of sharks and another whale....Adrian saw a dolphin and some turtles. The next day back over to Falmouth Harbor and on the way back saw Lionheart , one of the super J's here practicing for the next regatta. We followed around and took pictures before heading back into the anchorage. We dropped Adrian and Randy off at the taxi stand and headed back to the boat to get ready for our next round of guests. Jason (Michaels oldest son) and Tania were due to arrive on Wednesday afternoon.....stay tuned they are the non-sailors in the family.
Comments
Vessel Name: More Mischief
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sunkiss 47
Hailing Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario
Crew: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
About: The trip of the life time begins. I wonder if it will kill us...5 months or five years. Our 47 foot Jeanneau is to be our home for the next 5 years. At this stage is would be interesting to know what it would be like to spend 24/7 together.
Extra: Year three is about to start. We are heading back to Antigua to launch the boat and plan on cruising back up to St. Marten and then over to the Virgin Islands for the season.
Social:

Who: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario