More Mischief Wherever We Go

Season 5 begins of five months or five years - October 30th, 2015

Antigua to St. Maarten

30 March 2013
First of all, we would like to thank all our family and friends that have visited with us over the past few months. It was great to see all of you and we are really looking forward to seeing everyone in June when we are coming home for the summer. The sail from Antigua to St. Maarten lasted about four hours and then a squall came through and the wind direction changed and was almost nonexistent. We ended up motoring the rest of the day. Michael had a great day fishing though…first a barracuda which he released and not twenty minutes later he caught a tuna. By sunset we were about ten miles from St. Barts and decided that we would anchor there for the evening. It was a little tricky getting in and then trying to find a place to anchor when the majority of the boats do not bother to put on their anchor lights. We finally found a spot and dropped anchor…had a quick dinner and then went to bed. When we awoke in the morning we discovered we were anchored in the middle to a mooring field…..wondered what the banging was in the middle of the night but could not see anything when Michael went out check. Red mooring balls are impossible to see at night. We are now anchored in Marigot Bay which is on the French side of St. Maarten and will spend the next few weeks here before heading back to Antigua. At St. Maarten is duty free, it’s a great place to get parts and fix things. Number one on the list is to fix the wind generator or replace it. The snuba also needs a new regulator and the fridge is acting up again. The front controller for the windlass also decided to pack it in when we hauling anchor in St. Barts…..thankful that we also have a control in the cockpit and the old one that we used before we left. You never seem to have too many spare parts…sometimes finding them in the boat is a bit of a challenge though. Hopefully we will be able to fix everything before heading back to Antigua for the Classic boat regatta and sail week. If not, we will do it when we come back after our holiday back home.
Michael and I would like to wish all our family and friends a Happy Easter and be kind to the bunnies.
Forgot one more thing…..cheap beer, wine and really good food. Buy ten cases of beer at ten euros each and get one free. How many do we think we bought?
Comments
Vessel Name: More Mischief
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sunkiss 47
Hailing Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario
Crew: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
About: The trip of the life time begins. I wonder if it will kill us...5 months or five years. Our 47 foot Jeanneau is to be our home for the next 5 years. At this stage is would be interesting to know what it would be like to spend 24/7 together.
Extra: Year three is about to start. We are heading back to Antigua to launch the boat and plan on cruising back up to St. Marten and then over to the Virgin Islands for the season.
Social:

Who: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario