More Mischief Wherever We Go

Season 5 begins of five months or five years - October 30th, 2015

New Years in St. Marten

26 January 2015
With the new year festivities over we like most folks in St. Martin are getting back to work. In our case we are focused on boat activities.

So far we have not contacted Chikungunya a Mosquito born disease that effects the nervous system and has a painful feeling in your joints along with a fever. This can last anywhere from a week to a year. It is now on the way to the U.S.and over 450 cases have been found in Britain. The only thing that seems to relieve the pain are ground Papua leaves or Arnica Montana (which can be found in health food stores). In any case many of the locals have had this aliment and have been very outspoken about the pain.

We were able to fix the ice maker and have gotten the washing machine to spin once again. I have began installing muffin fans in the boat that can be left on while we leave the boat on the hard. This will reduce the risk of mil due and keep the solar panels operating. I have a project to install a new cushioned setae in our cabin. Obtained the foam from a mattress factory on the island and got plywood from another cruiser from Russia. Using ultra shade left over from our updating of the cushions in the main salon. The xantrex control system for our battery information was not working but we were able to rebooting by removing the fuse that protected it. It turns out many if not most issues on a boat in the salt environment are due to connectivity problems. All electrical connections need to be well covered and protected in the best way possible. For those thinking of coming to this world the use of electrical paste and shrink loom is easier done at home before the trip to the Caribbean.
Comments
Vessel Name: More Mischief
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sunkiss 47
Hailing Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario
Crew: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
About: The trip of the life time begins. I wonder if it will kill us...5 months or five years. Our 47 foot Jeanneau is to be our home for the next 5 years. At this stage is would be interesting to know what it would be like to spend 24/7 together.
Extra: Year three is about to start. We are heading back to Antigua to launch the boat and plan on cruising back up to St. Marten and then over to the Virgin Islands for the season.
Social:

Who: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario