The Adventures of SV Mulan

09 October 2010 | Vancouver
14 September 2010 | Semiahmoo Marina, Blaine, WA
12 September 2010
12 September 2010
12 September 2010
11 September 2010 | 145 miles from Cape Flattery
10 September 2010
06 September 2010
04 September 2010
03 September 2010
01 September 2010
29 August 2010
27 August 2010 | still in the pacific
26 August 2010 | The pacific
24 August 2010 | heading NW!
20 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu
16 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu
15 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu
12 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu
12 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu

From Sam’s Journal 2

31 December 2009 | Banderas Bay
Sam
Chacala, Banderas Bay
[Sam incorporates so much detail that he is constantly behind in his journal - although this does not seem to impair his memory of events and details!]
Chacala Day 1
On the way here we saw lots of whales. One came right beside us! When we got here we anchored and got ready. We kept calling the Port Captain but only did we realize that he was away until Monday. We went to the beach and I made a huge sand castle with the help of my dad and then attached it to Jack and Max's with a road. Along the sides of the road we put big walls and towers. We played in the surf and played games with the HUGE waves. We had a snack (kinda dinner).
Day 2
We had breakfast (also school work) then went ashore. We made separate sand castles me and dad made one and Jack and Max made one. We set up a battle field with army guys outside Jack and Max's base. We had men guarding our bases. We also swam in the big waves.
After the beach we went to KoKo Bongos. We all had burgers with pop.
Day 3.
This day we did the usual. We went to the beach and played in the big waves. But.... The only thing that WAS NOT fun was Max and 2 or 3 kids got sucked out from the riptide. Jack tried to pull Max in but he was also tyring so I went to get Max. 3 parents got the other kids. One was my Mum.
Day 4.
In the morning we had breakfast then sailed off.
Banderas Bay
La Cruz
Day 1
We anchored here in la Cruz (The Cross). We went ashore to the marina and asked some questions. After that we went into town and looked around. We found a place called "Ya Ya's Garden and got fruit and juice (have you noticed I have never said I or my family has had water? It is because there isn't as good water as Vancouver. The water everywhere is not as tasty. I try to avoid it. Even at my Grandma's I did. We make juice with "Tang".
Day 2
We moved to Paradise Village Marina. These are some of the highlights:
The pools (of course). They were awesome. Mostly the activities pool because it had water polo, water volley ball, beach volley ball, beach soccer and lots of other games. It also had two slides the same. To get to the slides you have to climb up stairs and across a bridge. The slides are crocodiles. The rest are not exciting period.
Getting pizza at the mall. The mall had a playpit and that's where we waited for the pizza.
The big walk to the mall. We saw two tiny scorpions and lots of bugs. Jack, Max and Dad stopped to get drinks and cookies while Mum and I waited ahead not knowing where they were. We had to take a one minute ride on a bus because we couldn't walk in the middle of the road (Ed: we ran out of sidewalk on a busy highway!) We got to Wallmart and bought some stuff. My brothers and I found some baby play houses. We used one's slide as a door and a small one as the bathroom (we attached them all). We got donuts and lunch. I had a great sandwich and yummy juice. I had a little bit of rice and chicken - it was good. We got Granny's Hot Chocolate icecream! It tasted so much like Granny's Hot Chocolate I couldn't tell the difference.
Those were most of the fun things we did. We went swimming at the pool every day.
Comments
Vessel Name: Mulan
Vessel Make/Model: Grand Soleil 39
Hailing Port: Vancouver, Canada
Crew: The Parr Family
About: Susan - Captain; Andrew - First Officer; Jack - Bosun & Cruise Director; Sam - Communications Officer; Max - Purser
Extra: Don't dream it - do it. The sailing adventure of the Parr family aboard SV Mulan.

SV Mulan

Who: The Parr Family
Port: Vancouver, Canada