The Adventures of SV Mulan

09 October 2010 | Vancouver
14 September 2010 | Semiahmoo Marina, Blaine, WA
12 September 2010
12 September 2010
12 September 2010
11 September 2010 | 145 miles from Cape Flattery
10 September 2010
06 September 2010
04 September 2010
03 September 2010
01 September 2010
29 August 2010
27 August 2010 | still in the pacific
26 August 2010 | The pacific
24 August 2010 | heading NW!
20 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu
16 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu
15 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu
12 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu
12 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu

On cruise mode in La Cruz

28 February 2010 | La Cruz
Susan
Ok, so I was on cruise mode, soaking up the sun and surf in the seaside town of Sayulita, hooking up on the dock with old friends we haven't seen in a while, doing drinks and the dinner thing, getting caught up on school projects to send back to Canada, updating my profile on Facebook, even watching an adult movie (Volver with Penelope Cruz - a good flick). And then it hit me... We leave in less than three weeks on the longest and probably most challenging passage we have made to date!!. Holy crap, I better get going. My to do list is about 2 weeks longer than I have time for because I drafted it when I first thought we were leaving at the end of March. The date is now set for March 17th as we are going to depart with a fleet of about 6 boats, some which will definitely be faster (they can provide weather updates and routing for us!) and some that we hope will be good buddy boats keeping pace and radio contact with one another. I just put out the call on the morning net for crew and a promise of a hot bunk (this actually refers to the bed being hot from the person that occupied it last and is not a reflection of what I think of myself), and although we aren't actively looking, it sure would be nice to have an extra pair of hands and eyes on board. If the extra crew thing doesn't pan out, we will enlist Jacks' help with watches (one of us can snooze in the cockpit while he stands watch)... My jobs are mostly "pink" jobs as opposed to "blue" jobs. I am in charge of the spring cleaning, provisioning, checking out of the country, securing bonds for French Polynesia, etc. While Andrew is busy preparing the boat...checking rigging, repairing sails, canvas, installing/ fixing/ maintaining boat and engine stuff. Yikes...we are really going, and really soon...must go and do something productive that I can actually tick off the to do list!! Ciao.
Comments
Vessel Name: Mulan
Vessel Make/Model: Grand Soleil 39
Hailing Port: Vancouver, Canada
Crew: The Parr Family
About: Susan - Captain; Andrew - First Officer; Jack - Bosun & Cruise Director; Sam - Communications Officer; Max - Purser
Extra: Don't dream it - do it. The sailing adventure of the Parr family aboard SV Mulan.

SV Mulan

Who: The Parr Family
Port: Vancouver, Canada