The Adventures of SV Mulan

09 October 2010 | Vancouver
14 September 2010 | Semiahmoo Marina, Blaine, WA
12 September 2010
12 September 2010
12 September 2010
11 September 2010 | 145 miles from Cape Flattery
10 September 2010
06 September 2010
04 September 2010
03 September 2010
01 September 2010
29 August 2010
27 August 2010 | still in the pacific
26 August 2010 | The pacific
24 August 2010 | heading NW!
20 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu
16 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu
15 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu
12 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu
12 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu

Stuck

12 August 2010 | Hawaii YC, Honolulu
Andrew
Well, we'd planned to leave today, but Mulan thought otherwise. Our ongoing engine problems resulted in much gnashing of teeth and admission of defeat, but even the hired gun couldn't get the engine to run for more than 10 seconds. Sucking air was the conclusion (his and ours), and today's directive was to remove the injector pump. The manual has four bullets covering the procedure. After an all day effort, four bullets, if available, would be lodged in said engine (or better, the engineers who designed the engine - putting machine screws needing an allen key in a place where no adult can conceivably reach). But the alleged culprit (the hardware, not the engineer) has been removed for analysis, and I can hardly wait to try and put it back on again.
Capaz, our buddy boat, left yesterday and is chugging north towards the wind void this year's weather pattern seems to have created. At least they have a good motoring range.
Our departure date is TBA, and it is now in the lap of the mechanic's. Rob & Jim left Mulan today, heading for the Big Island for a couple of days of activities more relaxing than assisting with boat projects. They have been real stars over the past week in tackling all sorts of projects aimed to prep Mulan for the last leg home. Many thanks guys. See you on the other side, brother.
Cheers,
Team Mulan
Comments
Vessel Name: Mulan
Vessel Make/Model: Grand Soleil 39
Hailing Port: Vancouver, Canada
Crew: The Parr Family
About: Susan - Captain; Andrew - First Officer; Jack - Bosun & Cruise Director; Sam - Communications Officer; Max - Purser
Extra: Don't dream it - do it. The sailing adventure of the Parr family aboard SV Mulan.

SV Mulan

Who: The Parr Family
Port: Vancouver, Canada