S/V My love

06 July 2014
04 June 2014
10 May 2014
24 April 2014
18 March 2014 | Nanaimo
23 January 2014 | Richmond BC / Miami

Cuba

10 May 2014
Faye
Unfortunately I will not be able to add pictures until we are in Mexico as the internet is too slow.
We departed Miami on Apr 26 heading down the ICW with waters 5-8 feet. Good thing we own a cat.
We arrived in Cuba Apr 30.
Cuba is a country of contrasts. From its white sandy beaches to its mountains with lots of lush agricultural grounds in between.
There seems to be the pre Revelution and Post. The houses and buildings are either ruins or beautiful colonial towns.
The revelution was to create a system of equalness to all but as in all countries there are those that work hard and those that choose sometimes to take the handouts. Sure there are those that need a helping hand but there are many that find it easier to have a hand out.
The transportation is either by walking, hitchhiking, horse and carriage, old vehicles to the extreme of fancy new cars.
The people are friendly and generous and excited about their futures.
Education, health care and the basic necessities of food are supplied for free. The literacy rate pre was only 26% now has reached 92%. Everyone has a right to free universities or trade schools and so they have created many doctors that do exchanges to other countries to help.
Since Raoul took over things are slowly changing and they see hope with fairness. We will all have to wait and see.
This is very short but internet service is sparce and costly.
I hope to catch up with pictures and blog in 2 weeks when we will be in Mexico
Comments
Vessel Name: My Love
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot Lavazzi
Hailing Port: Vancouver
Crew: Faye and Mike
About:
While attending the Vancouver Boat Show we boarded a catamaran and our lives changed. We are now the proud owners of a 40' Fountaine Pajot Owners version. Retirement is the payoff for all ones hard work. Time to enjoy and take action on your dreams. [...]
Extra: Come along for a sail and enjoy the adventure aboard My Love.

S/V My Love

Who: Faye and Mike
Port: Vancouver