Mymax's Scottish Trip

25 February 2010 | Milford Haven
05 August 2009 | Ireland
29 July 2009 | Bangor
26 July 2009 | Ballycastle
24 July 2009 | Port Ellen, Isle of Islay
23 July 2009 | Craighouse, Isle of Jura
22 July 2009 | Isle Ornsay / Tobermory / Oban
17 July 2009 | Kyle of Lochalsh / Plockton
09 July 2009 | Loch Nevis / Armadale, Skye
05 July 2009 | Tobermory, Mull
02 July 2009 | Oban
01 July 2009 | Crinan Canal / Ardfern
29 June 2009 | Crinan Canal
26 June 2009 | Campbeltown
26 June 2009 | Portpatrick
23 June 2009 | Port St Mary (Isle of Man)
21 June 2009 | Aberdaron / Holyhead
31 December 1969 | Pwllheli

Relaunch & Rain

31 December 1969 | Pwllheli
With our final destination at the end of our 7 weeks being Milford Haven we decided that cars were best left at home and that we should take on the challenge of public transport to get us both to Pwllheli. Stu had a very scenic train journey from Shrewsbury to Pwllheli, arriving to find Mymax waiting for him and the tide in the travel hoist (observe the marvellous piece of kit in question in the photos). Suitably dangerous acrobatics were required to climb aboard (Health and Safety representatives nowhere in sight) Despite bringing 17 tons of stuff to the boat last weekend we both ended up with more stuff to bring, Stu managed to perform his acrobatics with bag in tow (no broken bones to report) just a suspected hernia, My trip involved 1 train and 2 local buses after which I whinged all the way from the bus station to the marina with my heavy bag in tow (profanities being expelled on route)
4.00pm saw enough water for Mymax & hoist to be gently towed to the slip way by one state of the ark tractor. Three staff from the boat yard carefully guided Mymax out of the hoist and two of them went ahead in the launch to take my lines at the marina berth......... Just like the service we were used to at Aberystwyth!.

A simple dinner of chicken and mushroom curry and beer was served by the on board chef and much snoring ensued.

Saturday started as all previous attempts to reach Scotland have started, with rain and howling wind from exactly the wrong direction, the NW, only this time we are not to be defeated ( I hope I don't live to regret those words) and at least we'll be able to make an accurate comparison of Welsh rain & drizzle with the Scottish varieties!
Comments
Vessel Name: Mymax
Vessel Make/Model: Maxi 95
Hailing Port: Milford Haven
Crew: Jackie & Stuart

Mymax

Who: Jackie & Stuart
Port: Milford Haven