S/V Navigo

We cannot change the wind, but we can adjust our sails.

08 October 2012 | CR
08 October 2012 | CR
05 October 2012 | Campbell River, BC
03 October 2012 | CR
02 July 2012 | CR
02 July 2012 | CR
20 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
14 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
13 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
12 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
11 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
05 May 2012 | Campbell River, BC
10 April 2012 | Puerto Vallarta
09 April 2012
08 April 2012 | Nuevo Vallarta
07 April 2012 | Anywhere in Mexico!
06 April 2012 | Bucerias, Nayarit
02 April 2012 | Pitillal
31 March 2012 | El Pitallal, Jalisco

As Honest as They Come...On the Bus!

07 April 2012 | Anywhere in Mexico!
Camelia

Well I've been wanting to talk about this subject for awhile now to share with you something that we have now seen a few times when we are travelling on a bus. Often the bus is busy when we go into PV and one thing the Mexicans don't like to do is move to the back of the bus when it is packed. For one reason or the other if they have to stand they prefer to stand near their family or friends who are sitting. Even when the bus driver shouts for them to move back....they still move very little if at all. So what happens is people load onto the bus from the back door and then pass their money for the bus fare forward to the bus driver. Then the bus driver sends back their ticket for proof of payment. The first time we saw this happen we didn't know what was taking place because someone passed us some money and then we just followed suit passing it on to the next person. I have never seen anything like this before and was quite surprised to see how honest everyone is to pay their fare.

Now I don't know what you think of this but I don't think this would work well in Vancouver as a lot of people try to get on the Skytrain free everyday.
Comments
Vessel Name: Navigo
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau Oceanis 42CC
Hailing Port: Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
Crew: Bob & Camelia
About: Bob grew up in Musquodoboit Harbour, Nova Scotia and Camelia grew up in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Our plans are to leave Vancouver on Sept. 1, 2011 to sail down the west coast of the USA to Mexico for the winter.
Extra: We would love to hear from you so please send us an email to: bobandcamelia@gmail.com

S/V Navigo

Who: Bob & Camelia
Port: Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
We cannot change the wind, but we can adjust our sails.