S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

False stop but in a familiar spot.

I have either done this too often or not enough as, today I couldn't remember that Nettles Island comes before Fort Pierce.

We set off this morning after showers and filling the water tank (I was determined to get the maximum for our $2/ft) and set off north up the ICW again. Our intent was to make for Fort Piece and anchor for the night before heading on to Vero Beach. We had stayed at the beach for a week or so on the way south earlier this year and called ahead for a reservation at the dock for a couple of days and up to a week following at the marina.

For some reason I had it in my head that Fort Piece was before we got to Nettles Island and when it came in sight we had been pushing against the current and wind for long enough and we remembered that the laundry at Vero cost more than at Nettles Island so we decided to pull in. Unfortunately we couldn't raise anyone at the marina so we couldn't get a roll of quarters to operate the machines until much later in the day. We had also hoped to see some of our friends from Armdale here for Jim Corbet used to keep his boat her and we had heard that Vince and Dianne might be coming down for a cruise on another friend's boat and we had hoped that they might have put in here, but we stuck out on that too. Then I promised Barb that I'd take her out to dinner to the nice little restaurant at the dock but they closed down at 14h00 on Sunday so no joy there either.

We're doomed!

We found enough quarters to do two loads of wash and hung the results out on the lifelines to dry so at least we'll have clean undies, and will be ordering a pizza from the small general store here for dinner instead.

At least it's really sunny.

Comments