S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

We have returned to the Velcro.

The end of another day of motor sailing and we find ourselves at Vero Beach again where we will stay for at least a week while we get some repairs done to the boat. With the exception of the refrigeration most of them are ones that I can do myself and which are relatively easy.

Screech, with Mary Lou and Jay aboard, is back along the path somewhere. We left them at Pecks Lake and they were probably going to be coming along to Fort Pierce today and then to Vero either tomorrow or the next day. We miss their company but it is probably good to not be in each other's pockets every mile of the trip. They probably feel the same way about us. I just hope that they aren't having any problems at anchor in this wind.

Barb wasted no time at all in heading out for the Miracle Mile and a plunge into the craft store there. I, on the other hand, am bag tired and am waiting for a call back from the refrigeration guy about getting a house call.

On the trip north today we discovered that Port Petroleum is indeed still open, you juat have to not arrive there on a Wednesday which is what we did on the way south. If you pay cash they are cheaper than most places around here but still nearly $3/gal. The Cruiser's Net tells me that there is a place in the Canaveral Barge Canal which has fuel for $2.65 so the balance of our tank and the jerry cans will be filled there.

We arrived at Vero at 14h00 and tied up to a dock for ease of access for the refrigeration fellow plus so that I will have access to 110VAC for the repairs that I am planning. By the time that Barb left we still hadn't been able to link up with Cori and Eric from Further, but there is time as long as they haven't left for the Bahamas yet. In fact Barb met them on the bus and they mentioned that they were likely to be leaving on Wednesday and were going to reverse our route home to get over and head directly for New Providence and the Exumas, bypassing the Abacos entirely.

Comments