S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Still waitin’, this time for my pension cheque to arrive

Vero Beach is a nice place and we have some of the list of boat chores that we can do here, but sometime early next week we want to get moving. We have found a supplier that can replace the power supply for the Shakespeare antenna and have ordered it to be delivered to the Titusville Marina so we will be aiming to get there for next weekend.

Now we are working on boat projects. Funny thing about boat project lists, as fast as you scratch one little job off, two more appear on it. We are now up to two pages! Then of course, there are the numerous reasons that slow you down or even stop progress ont he list entirely. Today, for example, Barb did a laundry and even after an hour in the dryers the clothes were still wet so they are festooned about the cabin on temporary clotheslines and blocks access to the tool crib. That whole business about the dryers is a common theme in the marinas down here. It is rare to find one with dryers that work properly. A kind hearted soul would say that they are simply old, overworked and need servicing, but I, being a naturally suspicious sort of chap, think that it's deliberate. They want you to have to run your clothes through the dryer two and sometimes even three of four times. These places also usually have in their marina rules that you can't hang things out to dry on the rails or lifelines. See? They gotcha coming and going.

Oh well. At least I am getting my reading in.

Barb is making Irish Beef hand pies for dinner tonight. We've never had them before but the smells coming from the galley are extraordinary.

Comments