S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Saturday at the dock

Today was yet another beautiful day in the Carolinas. If I am making that sound like I'm bored, please be assured that I am not. We are more than happy to bask in the sunshine and warmth that had been denied us on our trip down and for the most pat for our stay in the Bahamas. Nope, it's really fun sitting on the deck doing outside boat chores with the only concern being whether or not our sunscreen is strong enough.

This morning we went into the first Farmer's Market for Port Royal for the year and it was really quite nice. It had enough vendors to make it interesting and since it was Earth Day there were several environmentalist organizations that had set up booths as well. We bought some really excellent bread from a German baker that was there and some veggies and a pound of fresh shrimp. Barb even went so far as to buy some tomato plants for us to grow on the boat. I had been trying to convince her that would be a good idea for several years now without success and here she is right out of the blue deciding to buy not one but two plants to start under the cabin skylight.

This afternoon we were doing the aforementioned chores on deck. Mostly it involved getting started on the bright work with me taking up and sanding down the cockpit flooring. Barb got the hard stuff with cleaning up the interior of the boat. We also made contact with a small engine mechanic who will have a serious talk with Suzuki-san and get her to behave. I am also hoping that he'll be able to answer some questions for me, namely where the heck is the fuel filter, and is there any way that I can clean out the fuel line if something gets clogged again.

Tonight is another dock BBQ and Barb has made a bread pudding and we will be chowing down on hamburgers. Sometimes a good hamburger just hits the spot doesn't it? The face dock here is full again. I am certainly glad that we have a spot.

Comments