S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

An unplanned stop at Tidewater

We're off, again, but not as far as we wanted to.

Koz visited us in the morning and took me to a West Marine where I bought a new pressure water pump only to realize when we got back to the boat and was nearing completion of the install that it was not for 24VDC. He was kind enough to offer to take it back tomorrow morning and bring it to us at Port Comfort where we will be spending the next couple of days doing boat chores and waiting for a weather window to head further north.

We invited him and his granddaughter to join us for the trip from Great Bridge to Port Comfort, which was only fitting since he was good enough to make arrangements for us to stay there. The only difficulty is that as we entered the outer part of the Norfolk harbour the wind began to pick up and when it hiit sustained 35 knots and gusting higher I decided to head back to Tidewater Marina to stay for the night. It was a bit pricy but it was better suited to getting on and off the boat with a six year old than being at anchor in those winds and trying to go down the boarding ladder and then motor in to the dock.

We finally got to meet Koz's wife and step daughter as well when we had dinner together, which was a great pleasure that we had been looking forward to for some time. Koz's sweetie runs a party planning business which keeps her incredibly busy so in the past we had seen a lot of him but she was always busy. This time we got lucky.

Comments