S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

N – 20 and a wakie: Barb’s last day and more preparations.

When Barb went into work today she wasn't too sure of how long she'd be staying there. The store is almost empty of product and most of what's left is packed up to be sent to PEI so there isn't really too much for her to do. I am sitting at the keyboard waiting for a telephone call asking me to come in to pick her up.

Meanwhile, I ran around getting the money order to send on down to the Yacht Centre so we would be square when we arrive. I also bought a new printer to put on the boat. Up to now we used our Cannon MP360 which is a great printer but rather large and bulky. I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that Cannon also manufactures one called a PIXMA MP280 which does everything that the MP360 does less faxing stuff. But when was the last time you used a fax machine for home use, especially when you can scan in a document and attach it to an e-mail? The best part was that it was about half the size and cost less than $70! Honestly, printers are almost becoming disposable. As an added benefit the printer cartridges are half the cost and much more readily available. One of the small jobs that I have planned is to make over the middle cabin into a small office as well as maintaining the bunks for overflow visitors. All I have to do is buid a small addition to the bureau so that we can put the laptop on it and LAN everything to the main computer aboard. This printer will be much less obtrusive and yet still be able to do the same job.

Other than that, today has been a day of trying to shake the cold virus that has been hanging on and on and on to me for the last week. Sigh! Colds are a real pain!

Comments