S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Through the big apple like a worm

A deliberate delayed start this AM. There was no point in rushing as we had to confront the currents in the narrows and the East River. Instead we took Peri for a walk along the beach which is part of the state park which comprises the water side of Great Kills. A wonderful spot spoiled only by the mounds of trash. Still Great Kills is a great place to stop and wait for the right weather to continue south if you are passing this way. So is Atlantic Highlands so you have a choice.

We also heard of Bin Lauden's death by phone call from our daughter this AM. As a former Military person and although I hate to wish I'll of anyone, if there ever was someone who needed a 7.62 attitude adjustment it was him. Now all that's left is the Taliban hypocrite Mullah Omar.

Back to boating.

We left the mooring at 1100 and struggled through the 'Narrows. This is the fourth time that we have come through NYC and today was the only time that we complained about the weather. Brrrrrrrr! Still we were at City Island by 1800 and on one of the Harlem Yacht Club moorings. There was no one here so we will have to wait until tomorrow to settle up.

Comments