S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Yippee - I finally found acceptable food for Mr Fusspup!

Gloriosky - after eight years (all of Perry's life) I have finally found food that he likes! He has cleaned his dish at every meal since I started him on food recommended by the owner of Wag Nation - a superb pet store here in Newport, RI. It is prepared by a US company called Stella & Chewy's (www.stellaandchewys.com). It is freeze-dried and sold in a sturdy zip lock bag and is made with USDA-inspected meat raised with no added hormones or antibiotics, no grain, no fillers, no artificial preservatives or colorings, just meat and fruit and vegetables. The freeze-dried pucks are very convenient for the boat with very little packaging to worry about. Perry likes them broken up a bit and re-hydrated with a bit of warm water. He seems to have more energy and has more stamina than he used to when we go on our hikes. What a relief!
The company has excellent customer service as well. I fired off an eMail to them last evening asking about availability in Canada and I had an answer today - great turnaround. The bad news is that it is not distributed at home YET but the responder suggested we try ordering the Stella & Chewy's meals and treats from online distributors that do ship to Canada as follows:
Dee-O-Gee
Five Star Fido
JustDogTreats.com
Luke's All Natural Pet Food
Again - it is such a pleasure and relief to find quality and palatable sustenance for Nelleke's "Security Officer", Lieutenant Periwinkle!

Comments