S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

A double g gorgeous day

The sun was shining, the skies were clear, the wind was a gentle zephyr from the NE,......., why wasn't this yesterday?!

Friday the 13th was a very nice day at the dock. I'm sure if we had set off something was going to happen which was forestalled by our Dock Queen nature. Oh well.......

We got some more boat chores done:

1. put the connections in for the satphone which included getting the password unlocked since dummy me had forgotten it and after entering it three times unsuccessfuly as a security measure it blocked me.

2. we have the cables in place to have the second monitor operational so that when Mike joins us we can watch movies without having to cram about a laptop.

3. we cleaned out the deck water Jerry cans which had picked up an algae from not being used or at least have the water circulated enough.

4. shopped for the liquor cabinet and got stocked up again waiting for Mike's arrival.

5. took some time to veg out in the sun and read books

6. Barb got the lower bunk in the middle cabin ready for Mike's arrival and vacuumed the place out. We are normally quite clean and reasonably tidy but there is nothing like the planned arrival of a visitor to give that final spit and polish.

Tonight we got a take out from a local smoke house that does ribs and such as a treat. We have found that a full rack will do both of us especially down here in the States where the restaurants tend to be extremely generous in their helpings.

I'd like to echo Barb's comments from yesterday about the new dog food that we are feeding the master hound and the effect that it is having on him. He hasn't had this much energy since we got him. As I said in a post a month or so ago, most of the food that we ask our pets to eat looks and smells like puke on a plate. No wonder he turned his nose up at it. This stuff even smells like lamb to me.

we have heard from our friends aboard Moonlight Maid. Hopefully they will be close to us soon and perhaps we'll be able to buddy boat across the Gulf.

Comments