S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

A house update

Another crappy weather day. We decided to goof off after my appointment with the GP and go to the movies instead of working on the project list. I really did not feel like doing anything as we made a little merry last night over dinner on the boat with our friends Alan and Heather from Moonlight Maid so I did not need the crappy weather excuse to chuck the planned jobs for the day anyway. We went to see Thor in 3D - interesting spin on the mythology.
We spent a while today negotiating back and forth on the house in Shelburne and came to an impasse - a $5K gulf - we are just not prepared to go any higher so we told the agent to drop the negotiations and to continue looking for places that meet our criteria. Yeah, I know it was "only 5K" and we could have managed it BUT but it is the principle of the thing - you tell an agent what your ceiling is and yet they still keep trying. You never know we might just find something a little closer to the city or the sellers in Shelburne might still "see the light". If nothing else we are clearer in our own minds about what the two of us would be satisfied with and also it is good to know that our credit ratings are excellent.

Comments