S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Kids have visited, conquered, and preparing for departure

Kayt and Chris arrived over the last couple of days to visit, Kayt bringing with her her boyfriend and his two sons. It has been kinda neat having the house ring to the sounds of childish laughter, the shrieks of merriment and the howls of despair. The kids enjoyed themselves too.

The frivolity began on Sunday when Chris arrived with one of his old bosses who had been kind enough to drive him down. We had planned a curry dinner party for a couple of our neighbours so we simply added a couple of extra place settings to the table, boiled a little more rice and we were ready to par-tay!

Then, last night after Kayt and brood arrived, we had a birthday dinner for Kayt and Chris complete with presents and cake. I DO love birthday white pound cake with icing! Almost worth tacking another year onto the carcass to get one, and if you have enough kids you can get them even more often.

With Chris's visit we were at long last able to get some of the stuff of his that we had been holding on to for him sorted out into piles of what he wanted to keep, what he would give away, and what he offered to us. For a moment it looked as though we were actually going to shed some stuff that we had been carting around with us for the last buncha years, but then Kayt asked us if we could store some of her camping gear. Score! We will have a tent to use while it is here with us. Yea!

We took the family down to the waterfront for a swim and watched everyone except Barb and I as well as Peri go in the harbour; Chris Kevin and Caleb jumping in off the dock. My excuse is that I didn't know that a swim was in the offing and hadn't brought by bathing suit. Otherwise, of course, I would have been the first in.

Comments