S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Rainy Saturday

Hi there. First let me express my thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and condolences on the passing of my Dad. I guess that it is something that most of us will have to go through at sometime or other, it’s just always a surprise when it happens to you and when it does, it si the support of friends that helps the family get through it. So, once again, thanks to all.

Today is a wet and rainy one on the south shore of NS as we are awaiting the passing of two more Tropical Storms. Ophelia and Philippe are lining up on Atlantic Canada and we are all hoping that they will pass far enough off shore to have minimal effect on those of us who are dirt bound. Time will tell.

Barb and I are discovering more and more of the joys of small town living. Yesterday we went down to the yacht club for their Friday night dinner and drink up. As part of the festivities we met loads more people, reacquainted ourselves with some others to whom we had already been introduced, and scored a couple of invitations to some parties. Apparently there is quite a social whirl here in Shelburne during the winter as one house after another throws a party.

Yippie!

Add to that this morning we went out to the Sandy Point Lighthouse Saturday Breakfast and for $6 ate enough to make us have to waddle out at the end. You went in, paid your money, found a seat and placed your order from a sheet of selections that was in front of every place at the table a la hospital meal ordering. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, beans and home fries as well as toast coffee and juice were all available. People drive from as far away as Bridgewater (about an hour’s drive) to chow down and the money all goes to the community association.

Comments