S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Gettin' a tan......

Geeze!

It’s T-shirts and shorts weather here on the South Shore with major emphasis on the “south”.

Hurrah!

Tomorrow we are getting the contactor in to work on the roof (which we have gotten them to remove $1500 from the original estimate) and it should be done in a couple of days. Then I won’t be worried about rain getting in and damaging all the renovations that we are working on.

Barb kinda overdid it with her continuous motion machine on her first test drive and has a bit of a swelling on her knee so I confiscated her keys until she gets the swelling down which hopefully shouldn’t take too long. On the plus side it did increase the range of motion in her joint a lot which will greatly aid the long term effectiveness of the operation.

She has been getting visits from local folk who have had the same or similar surgeries. Really rather nice of them to come over and making sure that she understands what to expect and getting reinforcement that she is doing well or even better than well. Knee replacement is something that I guess unless you have actually experienced it you don’t know what to expect and don’t understand whether or not you are doing enough or even the right things. Hearing from those who have gone before you is really wonderful to learn from their experience and to get their support and reinforcement. When I had the melanoma removed it was very similar with the number of people that I knew that came out to let me know of their caner experience and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it isn’t always the light to guide you to the other side.

Comments