S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

I can’t believe that it’s Friday! Again!


Here we are at the end of the week and already we have next week all set up. We are taking the MoHo and new propane tank in for certification on Tuesday night and we will continue on into Halifax and RNSYS to work on Nelleke and get her ready for launch. Hurrah! Salt spray soon to be in my face again! I figure that half of Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday should be enough since we did a lot of it last summer when we brought her out. Then, probably the following weekend, we will bring her down to Shelburne, weather permitting, and put her on a mooring in front of the yacht club. Sigh! At least we will be able to get out on weekends for trips and in the evenings for work aboard. On any day that might not be weather enabling we can do more work on the house and garden.

This weekend the Shelburne Harbour Yacht Club will be putting in the docks and mooring field. One more step. Tonight there will be a dinner at the club accompanied by numerous libations and jocularity all round. We might go.

Speaking of the garden, we have the raised beds pretty much done. All we are waiting for now is the next payday so we can afford to get the gardening soil to put in them. We have a large one for veggies and a smaller but triangular and two layered for herbs and such.

We have also been drawn into a measuring chore for the depth of our property. Certainly this is a far cry from our life aboard where our property was measured by the dry bits between the stem and stern.

Shorter one today. Bye!

Comments