S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Back in Shelburne, We are, We are

I will add to this later after I have had a bath and a nap, but for now we have made Nelleke ready for launch which will be this Friday and for once the weather witches seem to be inclined to cooperate - warm sunny days with mild winds out of the west and north-west - perfect for a close reach to reach all the way down the coast. If we leave Saturday AM we should be here by early Sunday morning.

******

There. Washed, dried and fluffed, and I'm feeling much more human.

The past weekend was pretty major. The first task was to get the shaft coupling back on the shaft which wasn't as easy as you might think. In fact it was the first time that it was on and it was quite a struggle, I can tell you. But what can I say? After a full day of gentle sanding and not so gentle application of brute force, there it was. Then of course the four bolts that were to hold the shaft coupling to the one on the transmission were too long by about 1/8 of an inch and it couldn't turn without hitting the aft end of the transmission to I had to take them into the club's shop and grind them down. But at the end it was all installed. Yea! Add to that a major tidy up, putting up the bimini and dodger and short of the in waterr stuff we are ready for launch. Double yea!

We had some fun socializing over the weekend too - a fiftieth birthday do four our friend Steve from Semper Vivens and a BBQ with Alan and Heather off Moonlight Maid. Most excellent times were had.

Now just two days at the office and then back to the club early Friday morning.

Can't wait.

Comments