S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Employment woes........


Oh woe! Oh woe! Oh woe is me!

The town’s old guard came out of their caves last night and hijacked a public meeting that we were trying to hold to get people’s input on the capital budget. Instead they wanted to air all their imagined grievances about how things are being done differently now that when they were in power, and downright nasty they were. Especially nasty were their hangers on, the ones that were trying to curry favour for some reason.

Sad, really! Some people just don’t know when to let go, I guess.

We are getting increasingly itchy about getting to work on Nelleke and I am really starting to believe that we should be able to get at ‘er during the evenings next week and on the weekends.

Hurrah!

I let you know about our progress. I have worked out a means of tapping into a fire hydrant to get water and that, combined with our generator we should be able to get our pressure washer running to clan off the hull an some of the more cruddy parts of winter’s souvenirs on the deck. Then we can use the generator to power our polishers to strip off the remnants of the cruiser’s mustache and to add a couple of coats of wax.

For the next day or so I will be a bachelor as Barb will be going into Halifax for a medical procedure. Not her knee; something to do with peering down her throat to look for constrictions. She will be spending a little time with our daughter who has kindly offered to be her chauffer to and from the clinic and to provide a bed both tonight and tomorrow night. Then she will drive the memsahib home on Friday and stay with us for the weekend. On Sunday our son will be joining us so we will have the entire clan together for at least a couple of days. Can my psyche stand it?

Comments