S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Best Laid Plans.....


.....Have gang aglee, again. Sigh!

Looks like a combination of weather and visitors have dictated that we will not be taking Nelleke away from the dock again this weekend. Instead I will be going more walling and flooring in the up-stairs bathroom and we will be watching the fireworks from the boat at dock/ A good vantage point just not nearly as exciting. Probably for the best as the one other time that we were close to a fireworks display we were showered by burnt cardboard throughout and although we were careful watered every spot that we found the next morning there were still more that we had missed in the dark.

Daughter and stepson will be arriving sometime this PM for a week! We have been looking forward to this for quite a while and especially next week as the young fellow will be taking the Wet Feet sailing class and then hopefully will be joining me on the weekend aboard Nelleke when we serve as a station boat for the regatta.

With regards to the upstairs bathroom, their arrival is an impetus to me working what magic I can to get the thing done before they arrive or at least for as soon after.

Still plan to take loads of photos. I may even experiment with time lapse photography.

Comments