S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Still here? Why?

Curses on the War on Terror!

With the Climate Change Conference at the UN along with the President addressing it the entire East River from East 35th to the Queensboro Bridge is shut to all traffic instead of only the west half of it which is usual. Add to the parade of dignitaries and politicos that are attending and who must be protected the spokesperson is Leonardo Di Caprio. Well! Say no more! Say no more! Mr Di Caprio's well being simply must not be endangered in any way! So we are all sitting here in the mooring field waiting for the political weather to pass along with the actual storm system that is going to be here over the next couple of days. It now appears that we will be leaving en mass on Saturday. It only remains to be seen whether we leave in the middle of the night and get to Sandy Hook by mid morning or wait until 1350 and arrive in the late PM. I myself favour the night run through the river but I can't speak for the other boats. It remains quite the United Nations here with five Canadian flagged yachts, one from Austria, one from Belgium and even more from the US. Barb pointed one out that had been christened Dread Lox which I thought was a tad unfortunate.

Another laundry run; I think I have fixed the bilge pump; the fridge has been defrosted; I continue to pursue the fresh water leak; and we are relaxing and staring soulfully into each others' eyes. What is everyone else doing? Well, Moonlight Maid and Sea Rose crews have gone into the city to see a matinée show on Broadway and we haven't met the other Canadian crews yet.

At 1500 the weather forecast is looking like good karma has kept us here in PW as it is going to start to rain tonight and pour all day tomorrow. It wouldn't have been too much fun sitting through it on the hook over at Sandy Point. Much nicer here and if we take the night run through the river we will have the whole day over there to explore rather than a short walk on the beach with the dog. Must consult with the Admiral.

Comments